Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I am new to the forum. I have a 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT. Now that the cooler weather has hit Wisconsin, I am looking to hear from others on what deflectors they have found that will both reduce the wind on the rider and passenger while at the same time channeling the heat from the radiators past the rider and passenger to help combat the cooler fall temps. Any input would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
7,583 Posts
Welcome to the forum. On my 2012, I use Baker wings. I think they are available for the new 1800s but I don't know if they work as well as on the older models.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I have three jackets. In fall early winter i have a lined water proof Joe Rocket jacket. It keeps me warm down to low 40s to upper 30s. When it gets COLD I have an electric jacket and gloves by Gerbing. Nothing better than riding warm in january in Utah! The seat keeps my butt warm and a good pair of jeans for my legs. For summer all mesh!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
NREMTP, The Baker wings do look like they might do what I am attempting to do. Thanks for the tip!

JKWinger, yes, dressing warm in layers is a good plan too help as well. Thanks! I won't be riding in January. -20 without wind chill and a layer of snow and ice on the roads just makes it impossible here. :cool:

Anyone else have any thoughts on deflectors to bring in the radiator heat?

·
Registered
539 Posts
National Cycle makes a great set of wind deflectors. I like their "ratcheting mechanism" more than the "friction mechanism" on the Baker wings.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Yes, they adjust in or out to stop air or direct air. Just like the wing windows on older cars. You adjust them in or close them off.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I ended up ordering a set of the Kuryakan upper and lower deflectors. I am excited to get them installed and try them out!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I am new to the forum. I have a 2019 Goldwing Tour DCT. Now that the cooler weather has hit Wisconsin, I am looking to hear from others on what deflect
I have the Honda uppers and Kuryakin lowers. Both work quite well for either blocking or allowing air to hit you. The lowers will put warmed air on me as needed when it’s chilly out. I recommend both

·
Registered
1 Posts
NREMTP, The Baker wings do look like they might do what I am attempting to do. Thanks for the tip!

JKWinger, yes, dressing warm in layers is a good plan too help as well. Thanks! I won't be riding in January. -20 without wind chill and a layer of snow and ice on the roads just makes it impossible here. :cool:

Anyone else have any thoughts on deflectors to bring in the radiator heat?
Too cold up there guys!
Anything north of Houston. I can’t do

1 - 12 of 12 Posts