Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was a newbie last year and got 1st bike: triumph speedmaster. Looking for something a little more comfortable. Came across a 06 GW air bag. 11k miles. What concerns/ 06 issues/ things I should look for, in deciding. Seems ok but I am a GW novice. Pricing opinions are welcome too. Any help/ advice is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
Super Moderator
28,454 Posts
Welcome to the GWOF. Good info & people here. Not much to be concerned with on an 06. Most of the bugs were long worked out. Here is a link to a site that has a list of service bulletins. Good Luck.

http://www.goldwingdocs.com/index.asp

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
hello balduke, welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Welcome from the Keystone state. Sounds like you have a nice find there. An 06 with 11k miles is not even broken in yet. Should give you a lot of years and miles of satisfaction. Ride safe and enjoy..

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Basically a brand new 2006. New tires ? New fluids ? Other than those items the bike is pretty much new. What's he asking , about $12,000 ?

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
welcome aboard balduke.

·
Premium Member
11,008 Posts
Can't help with advice but can welcome you to GWOF from Down Under. Eric

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Chopin114,

Thanks for the reply. Tires look good. Don't know about fluids. It was a trade in at BMW dealer. Asking 16,500 would take 15,700. I like your number better especially if they low ball my trade. Any other comments are welcome. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks

Thanks for the welcome and info. Much appreciated. Look forward to more conversation. Thanks again

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
Hi Chopin114,

Thanks for the reply. Tires look good. Don't know about fluids. It was a trade in at BMW dealer. Asking 16,500 would take 15,700. I like your number better especially if they low ball my trade. Any other comments are welcome. Thanks
I just threw that number out there. We should search Craig's List to see what private owners are asking for a comparable model. I'm sure my number was a bit low. From my search on Craig's list at two different geographical locations, $15,700 is a great price.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Basically a brand new 2006. New tires ? New fluids ? Other than those items the bike is pretty much new. What's he asking , about $12,000 ?
$12,000 !!! :eek:I bought my 06 with 27,000 km, comfort pack ABS and all the goodies,in Australia, and i had to pay $27,000 for it.
You guys sure can pick them up cheap over there.
I posted a query about "Pit bull motorcycle lifts" in here somewhere.I didn't know how to start a new thread and now i can't find it.
You can't buy them through any agent in Australia,so I'm in the process of sending a money order, or certified check to TN to buy one.have you heard much about them? I'm trying to get some sort of independent review on them.From what i can see, they look fantastic.
I feel sorry for you guys having to park up for the winter in the US.luckily, we don't get the severe cold that you guys get and we can basically ride all year round.:)
Cheers
Graham
from down under
06 GL 1800
"Mans got to know his limitations"

·
Registered
47 Posts
Welcome to GWOF balduke. I have an 06 and it is an awesome machine.Comfortable,smooth.powerful, just about everything you could want in a bike, i think.I can't see myself ever riding anything else again.A mate of mine who owns a 1500 interstate (i think), said, don't ever get on a Goldwing for a ride, unless you are ready to buy one. Occasionally, I'll swap bikes on a ride with my son in law, who rides a Boulevard C109RT, but it doesn't usually last long. You couldn't go wrong with an 06.
Good luck, and happy cruising
Graham
from down under

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
pulled the trigger

The deal came together! The 06 GW airbag w/11k miles passed inspection as did my trade and its mine! $15,000. I thought was pretty fair. Larry, I considered your advise to keep them both but after riding my Speedmaster one more time, it just didn't fit me comfortably. I probably wouldn't ride it w/ the GW in the garage. So I traded it. No regrets. A little sentimental since it was my first bike, but its done. I had a few "get acquainted with all the radio, CB squelch, gizmo issues etc but it seems fine. Did a 210 mile Whidbey Island ride with a bunch of guys and it was great. Got some good -natured ribbing from the Harley guys about where is the microwave and restroom on it. To be expected. The worse thing about the ride was riding behind the Harleys. What a racket! I will have to lead so I can enjoy the purr from the GW. Anyway, thanks for all the advise and encouragement. Talk to you all soon,

·
Registered
47 Posts
Got some good -natured ribbing from the Harley guys about where is the microwave and restroom on it. To be expected. The worse thing about the ride was riding behind the Harleys. What a racket! I will have to lead so I can enjoy the purr from the GW. Anyway, thanks for all the advise and encouragement. Talk to you all soon,[/QUOTE]

I always get ribbed like that. "where is the coffee machine" or the "ice maker" and a whole lot of other things.Sounds like you got a great deal though.Well done. You are going to love it.:D
Cheers
Graham
from down under
06 GL 1800

·
Super Moderator
11,812 Posts
Hello balduke,

Welcome to the forum, where do you call home?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts