Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone,
b
I'm strongly considering the purchase of a used 2017 Blue/Black Gold Wing. It has 5250 miles on it. It has the nav system and all the other goodies except the airbag and ABS. I'm in the Phoenix area.

Any idea what a fair price from a dealer would be?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Out the door they're looking for $23,200. That's about in the range that NADA says but it seemed a bit high to me considering it does not have ABS.

Anyone else have an opinion.

For the last 9 years I've been riding a 2009 Buell Ulysses XB12XT. I love the thing but my riding style has changed. I don't lean over as aggressively as I used to and find I'm ready for some creature comforts. I considered some of the big HD products but they're overpriced and not as reliable as I need. When I buy a
Gold Wing, it will be my daily rider like my Buell is now.

I commute 45 miles round trip. It's about evenly split between at speed interstate, stop and crawl interstate with about 3 or 4 miles of 45mph surface streets. I think a GW will be perfect for my needs.

Oh by the way, I'm Scooter Trash.

·
Super Moderator
10,949 Posts
First of all, welcome to the forum.

That seems too high. I know it's not the same area, but a dealer here has a New 2016 level 3 for $19,999.

·
Registered
424 Posts
KBB says $22,835. Price may be a little high but dealers tend to want that for the tricolor bikes. There is a red, black gold one around me and its about the same. They asking $500 over KBB. Really love that blue color btw.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So my son and I went to see it this afternoon. It looks like it had a minor garage tip over. Just a couple of very minor scratches. Have to look hard to find them. Front tire shows the mileage but the back has a lot of life in it still. Gotta tell you, it was tough to not give in to emotion and just take it. Gonna wait a day or two and see if they'll drop the price at all. Actually I don't expect them to. Its so clean they won't have any trouble selling it. Trying to find a late model, low mileage GoldWing is like hunting for a unicorn.

·
Registered
6,104 Posts
Welcome to the forum, Scooter T. You might have more choices if you relax about the mileage. These bikes tend to go the distance and then some. With stop and crawl traffic part of your daily commute (I used to have the same before I retired) you might want to consider the 2018 models with the walk mode for the transmission.

·
Registered
31 Posts
That seems very high too me. There are some awesome deals I have seen on another forum with very low miles, tons of extras and color matched trailers many sub 30k mile bikes in the 13k and under range.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
The market on older than 2018 Wings has softened due to the new generation 2018. Not all sellers have figured it out but many have.

There is a ton of new and used pre 2018 inventory for sale. Supply and demand works well.Some great deals to be had.

I don't think KBB or NADA numbers reflect the full extent of the market softening.

I would not rule out a fly and ride.

That is my .02 - YMMV.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
59 Posts
2017 Goldwing without ABS ???
It's interesting for me because all the Goldwings imported to my country (Turkey) has ABS.
In fact I can't think about riding such a big bike without ABS.
I wonder why Honda offered ABS as an option in USA market.

·
Registered
506 Posts
This may give you some info. I bought my 2015 in feb, 2017 with 4000 miles for $20k. Like what you have but black. It had a lot of accessories installed including a $1000 mustang seat. I bought it in Alabama and it had been on cycle trader for several months. You should do better than the numbers stated but 2017 is the last year of the old standby. Might make it mor valuable.

·
Administrator
26,012 Posts
A Canadian model with ABS is max $20,000 in the blue book. US prices should be lower, but it is peak buying season. I feel it's $2-$3k high personally, especially if you have to replace the front tire. That gives me reason to doubt, why so much wear on the front tire at on 5K on the clock?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So I bought the bike. I'm now the proud owner of a Blue over Black 2017 GoldWing. I pick it up Saturday.

I was ready to walk away from the deal until they came down to $21,000 and threw in 2 more years of warranty. There was 2 years of factory warranty left so I'm covered for 4 years.
After I pick it up, I'll post some photos.

ST

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
I was trying real hard to buy a used Blue over Black 2017 with 6k, here where I live. But the dealer would not come down from the price of 26k. We would talk back and forth and they kept calling me. I wanted the price to go down they kept bringing me out a piece of paper with a total of 26. I told them cash no finance. Made no difference. They finally sold it to some one else for 20k after I bought my new to me 2014 blacky for 13k

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So they came down on the price and threw in 2 more years of warranty so I took the deal. I've got about 100 miles on it now. I'm taking my time learning the bike and how it handles and where it likes to shift. Its so much more comfy than my Buell, absolutely a different riding experience. I think I'm gonna love this bike. It will take some getting used to though. It's more than twice as heavy as what I'm used to riding but I wanted a heavier bike for the interstate.

I'll post a picture or two when I have the chance.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts