Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to purchase an 06 GW in the spring of 2010. I've heard a lot of good things about the 1800, but can anyone tell me what they don't like about the 1800GW.

·
Super Moderator
9,879 Posts
Price. Oh, and welcome to the forum..

·
Registered
55 Posts
i can....... the one thing i don't like about my 08 1800 is that i owned 3 Harleys before i bought it! Seriously, i just got my bike two weeks ago, and LOVE IT. It is fast, very smooth, handles great, and all of the instrument controls make sense as far as easy to use. Can't say enough about the bike. My last two bikes were an ElectraGlide Classic, and an Ultra Classic. Both very nice bikes, but not in the same class as this Wing when it comes to a true touring bike.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
upgrade from yamaha silverado

I'm 55 yo , had a 900 kawasaki in the 70's , and had'nt even been on a bike for 33 years.I purchased a 2006 1700 yamaha silverado in the spring of 09, It was a nice all purpose bike , but i found on the highway after an hour I was sore as hell. I heard from GW owners how great there bikes were for highway miles so I'm upgrading to a gw in the spring. I'd like to do it now, but I live in winnipeg canada, and there could be a foot of snow on the ground anytime.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Dean,I really can't think of anything major. A 6th gear would help with fuel consumption. A standard auxilliary power outlet would be nice but that's easy to add on later. The price certainly hurts but its built for long term use so I plan to have mine for a long time. Its a great bike, powerful, fast, luxurious, comfortable, reliable. It has it all. Good luck with your purchase. Lyndon

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Poncho Ramrod, The 1800 wing is wired for two power outlets, one in the trunk and one under the left fairing pocket. All you do is buy the plug and play outlet.

·
Registered
173 Posts
I traded my 1500 for a new 2008, 1800 in September. WOW! There are, however, two things I think I preferred on my 1500. First, I think the bags and trunk are a bit larger (not significantly) and the soft luggage seemed to fit better. I think they were easier to get in and out of the bags and trunk. Second, I think the auto volume control on the 1500 worked a bit better on the 1500. Other than those two things, this new bike rocks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Welcome to GW Territory Dean. There's several of us on the site suffering from the "Riding Layoff Blues" unlike our Bros. to the South, (hey that sounds like a title for an R&B song-where's my Guitar) LOL. Yes,a foot of snow here in NW B.C. makes me want to load the Bike on the trailer hook up to the truck& camper and head South for awhile, but hey, I have time to plan some great trips for spring :)

Robert

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
head south for winter

BSTAR; I know whre ur comming from. can't pull the bike out till sometimes mid june if it's a real rotten winter, then all the salt etc. I've a honda civic, 1.1 litre, and really consider buying a trailer, hauling my GW ( when I buy one in the next year) and driving down to texas in winter , storing the car and trailer somewhere, then cruising around texas, florida , or mexico for a month or so, then driving back, that would really take the edge off winter. I figure the bike and trailer would weigh about 1000lbs, no different than throwing 3-4 linebackers into my honda and heading south. Another full winter in winnipeg, and I might hang myself. Thanks heavens for 5.6 % "Old Stock" beer, it's gotten me through the winters so far! Maybe " El Presidente" in mexico , next winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts