Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have asked for some dealer qoutes on a Honda Goldwing Level 3 ABS model and wow I have come to the conclusion that some of these dealers are high on drugs.

Here is an out the door quote from Sun Sports Cycles in Ft. Myers, Florida.

MSRP $28100
Tax $1686
Tag, Title, paper work, set up, shipping & government docs $4501.66
Total price $34287.66
Minus cash down payment of $13500
Out the door price 20787.66

Yes you are reading this correctly, they want $4501.66 for tag, title, paperwork, set up, shipping & government docs.

Needless to say I will not be doing business with this corrupt dealer.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
I'd request a breakdown on the tag, title, paperwork (is there financing on this?), shipping and docs (should not the gov't docs be included with the title?). Up here our freight and PDI charge that is recommended by Honda Canada is $860, whick due to fierce competition we can't even think of charging. License and reg is done by the registries offices separate from the dealerships. If you are financing the balance, there will be loan registry and document fees from the finance company though. Like I said, get an individual breakdown. If they refuse, bail.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
If the sticker price is $28100 and your getting it out the door for
$20787.66, whats wrong with that. out the door price means just that, what it will cost you to ride it out the door. When I buy a bike or car I always tell them what I will pay out the door. I don't care how they write it up as long as my out the door price is what I tell them.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
With your "down" and an approx. $4,000 discount off MSRP you price should be $10,600+ whatever your states sales tax is. There should be no other charges, IMO
Also, if you find a 2012:
$1,000 Gold Wing End of Year Bonus OR 1.00% Fixed APR on 2012 and prior Gold Wing models on top of a discount of $4,000+
Don't forget the extended warranty!

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
I'd check on other dealers and see what their prices are.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
$21,999.99 for a 2012 @ Lake Hill Motors!
That's a huge discount off MSRP
Prices Reflect The Deduction Of All Applicable Rebates And Discounts.
AS Of July 1st 2008 The State Of Mississippi Requires A $50 Trauma Care System Fee To Be Collected On All On And Off Road Motorcycles And Atvs.

·
Premium Member
787 Posts
What I have found is Western Honda in Phoenix has some really good buys on the 2012 model's

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
I have asked for some dealer qoutes on a Honda Goldwing Level 3 ABS model and wow I have come to the conclusion that some of these dealers are high on drugs.

Here is an out the door quote from Sun Sports Cycles in Ft. Myers, Florida.

MSRP $28100
Tax $1686
Tag, Title, paper work, set up, shipping & government docs $4501.66
Total price $34287.66
Minus cash down payment of $13500
Out the door price 20787.66

Yes you are reading this correctly, they want $4501.66 for tag, title, paperwork, set up, shipping & government docs.

Needless to say I will not be doing business with this corrupt dealer.
Hi ,
I have been to Sun sports as my brother lives in Punta Gorda and has a Honda 1100 , they ripped him off royal on service and sent him off with carbs leaking gas. But even worst is the powersports dealer in Punta Gorda They tried to charge him 700.00 for a TIRE !!! I told Mike (brother) he needs to buy his bikes here in SC and learn to do basic service himself.

·
Registered
835 Posts
Shop Around -

Hey Freedom, I've also been shopping around for about a year at several Honda dealerships in our area for a new Goldwing. I have found that the first quote is usually made to make the 2nd - 3rd quote seem more like a great deal. The Goldwing Level 3 lists in the High 27K range - but most salesman have usually come off this price fairly quickly once they realize you are serious.

Man - with putting a down payment of $13,500 you'd have thought that they would be doing cartwheels to close the deal. From my perspective, a few thousand below the "buy it now" pricing on ebay for a new Goldwing Level 3 is pretty close to a reasonable starting offer. There have been several new 2012 Level 3 Goldwings that sold for $15K (no tax included yet) at several dealerships in Tennessee and North Carolina. Most others seem to be out the door for around $20 - $22K. There is no indication as to what the extended warranty cost or if there would be a hassle in transferring the title to your home state.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAN...0288465?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item1e757f2fd1

I am seriously considering a 2012 model Goldwing in the early months of next year after some of the dust settles in the economy.

Michael :)

·
Premium Member
3,596 Posts
Freedom, I think we've got some confusion over the term "out the door". Most of us think of out the door meaning including everything but financing interest, as if you were paying cash *including* the down payment. So to most people, your "out the door" or "on the road " price is $34,287.66.

And that is absolutely unreasonable. Does that come with a lifetime supply of something? Oil changes? Tires? Lap dances?

Sunrise Honda in Arkansas will sell a new trike with a truckload of accessories and two-color custom paint for that.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
There have been several new 2012 Level 3 Goldwings that sold for $15K (no tax included yet) at several dealerships in Tennessee and North Carolina. Michael :)
Could you tell us exactly which dealers have sold 2012's at that price??????
Maybe post a link or 2 showing that price.
Thanks

·
Registered
835 Posts
Leg Work -

Hey Tfdeputydawg, I was just commenting on my personal search for a reasonably priced new 2012 Level 3 Goldwing. I think most would agree with Freedom that the $34K quote he was given is pretty ridiculous. As I mentioned earlier, the first and sometimes even the second offer is used by most dealers to flush out the serious shopper versus the tire kickers. Once they feel you are in earnest and can afford the buy in - they will usually offer a long test ride as a hook.

Many deals come and go but the best insider look I’ve found at what a dealer CAN charge for a new Goldwing (if they want to) is the “buy it now” price on eBay. After talking to a couple of these dealers by phone, the bikes are only available for cash or dealer financing - taxes, title, transportation, etc… are up to the buyer. You might do some more leg work and negotiations but here are just a couple of the latest legitimate bikes available on eBay…..Don't forget that motorcycle dealers get behind the scenes kickbacks from the manufacturers just like car dealerships.

Check out my earlier post to Freedom which included an eBay link to a nicely equipped Level 3 Goldwing for a "buy it now" $22,498. Some of the bikes listed below do not have ABS but range in price from $18K - $20K.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BRAN...2917817?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item1e75a74eb9

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NEW-...6210081?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item56506873a1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HOND...2606037?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item3a7cd793d5

As the bikes are sold, the links are disabled by ebay. I feel the absolute best value on a 2012 Goldwing will be available sometime around Feb - Mar of 2013. The reason is because everyone will still be limping around after paying their income taxes and the riding season has not started yet.

One other comment : I just called one of the dealers who had posted a Level 3 Goldwing on ebay earlier in the year for $16,499 and he said it sold that week. The longer the bikes are at the dealership their floor costs gradually increases.

Good Luck, Michael :)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Check out my earlier post to Freedom which included an eBay link to a nicely equipped Level 3 Goldwing for a "buy it now" $22,498. Some of the bikes listed below do not have ABS but range in price from $18K - $20K.

Good Luck, Michael :)
I keep a very close eye on Wing prices @ the lower cost dealerships around the country. Have done this for years.
Was wondering how I could have missed $15K quotes on level III 2012 Wings.
I'm guessing, unless you have different info you can link, those $15K prices on E-bay was the min starting bid and one would see the Minimum not reached notice until someone's bid got up to the high $21K's on a 2012 LevelIII.

·
Registered
835 Posts
$15K Level 3 -

Hey Tfdeputydawg, I am like you and do my best to stay current on any of the special sale prices offered by the larger dealerships. A ridding buddy of mine tracks several sources on a daily basis and his spreadsheet follows dealer incentives back to 2000. Earlier this year the specific $15K Level 3 Goldwing I had mentioned to Freedom was a low mileage demo at the Honda dealership in Shawnee, Oklahoma. It was being sold “as new with warranty”.
If I remember correctly the $15K bike had several thousand miles on it and was being ridden by the owner's son.

The end of the year demo models seem to offer the best value. Here is another Level 3 for $20K with 960 miles.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2012...4882717?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item565054329d

Michael

·
Registered
835 Posts
Discounted 2012 Level 3 Goldwing -

Correction - There is an old Chinese proverb "The faintest of ink is worth more than the best memory". I checked with my buddy and his spreadsheet. The discounted 2012 Level 3 Goldwing in question had 2K miles on the clock, some parking lot tip over scratches and as a demo was ridden by the sales manager's son. It sold for the ebay "buy it now" price of $15.6K -

Michael

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Correction - There is an old Chinese proverb "The faintest of ink is worth more than the best memory". I checked with my buddy and his spreadsheet. The discounted 2012 Level 3 Goldwing in question had 2K miles on the clock, some parking lot tip over scratches and as a demo was ridden by the sales manager's son. It sold for $15.6K -

Michael
Thanks for the info! I was having a hard time going w/a new 2012 for $15K!

·
Registered
835 Posts
Goldwing Assy Plant Moved -

The initial post was about the sale price for the 2012 Goldwing. I did not intend to lead anyone astray in posting some of the “buy it now” dealer prices from eBay or insinuating that some of the low ball prices applied to a dealer's complete line up. I had mentioned in the earlier posts that the bike in question had been a new 2012 Goldwing model with a couple of thousand miles that was being sold “as new with a warranty”. There is naturally a perceived difference in value by a customer between a new bike with “0” miles and a damaged demo that has served as the primary work horse of a dealership for most of the year.

I might point out that the dealer “buy it now” price on ebay for 2013 is predicted to continue to provide a pretty good indicator of a fairly weak luxury market. Perhaps part of the mixed pricing issues are also related to the debate within many U.S. dealerships concerning Honda’s decision to move the primary Goldwing facility and assembly plant back to Japan. Publicly the move was based on some relatively minor quality control issues but privately there were reports that it was based on market economics and moving inventory versus pricing.

Michael

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Your first post on the subject was what tripped my trigger:
There have been several new 2012 Level 3 Goldwings that sold for $15K (no tax included yet) at several dealerships in Tennessee and North Carolina.
From that it changed to:
Earlier this year the specific $15K Level 3 Goldwing I had mentioned to Freedom was a low mileage demo at the Honda dealership in Shawnee, Oklahoma. It was being sold “as new with warranty”.
If I remember correctly the $15K bike had several thousand miles on it and was being ridden by the owner's son.
This is why I was posting questions. There was no intent to abase. I was trying to find out how any dealer could sell a NEW 2012 level III for $15K, let along several!
Thanks for clearing it up.
Merry Christmas

·
Registered
835 Posts
End of the Year Shopping -

Now that I've had my money together I've been out shopping for a deal on a nice 1800 before the end of the year rolls in. It seems to be a buyers market. One of my ridding buddies is looking seriously at a 1500 trike set-up. He seems to find the ones on ebay up north of the Mason-Dixon Line are priced the best. Here is a nice 30K mile 2000 GL 1500 SE - 25th Anniversary for the "buy it now" price of $13,800. What do you think of the Roadsmith Ultimate Trike Conversion ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2000...2291262?pt=US_motorcycles&hash=item1c2eaeca3e

I still hope to get the most bang for the dollar for a new (new to me) 1800 after the 1st of the year.

Happy New Year to All,
Michael :)

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.