Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got one of my grandsons all suited up for a 45 degree lunch ride, sitting on the bike, NO START!!! AAA gave me a jump to get it home but the battery is shot. Honda's closed till Tuesday.

Trying to pull the battery myself but can't find a release for the battery strap. Do I have to pull the seat off? I have a Diamond seat and getting it back on should be a part of the State Penal Code.

Thanks, R

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Moved to some better lighting. Found the screw. Strap's off, battery's out.

Hope all of you are having a better day. R

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Ron, But apparently not in this area. Sears has motorcycle batteries but no cross reference file. You have to take your battery in, and then they'll try to decide if they have one. No thank you. I was surprised to find NTB doesn't carry m/c batteries at all.
So far, the only one I've found is a two-year warranty for $125 at Batteries Plus. I think I'll just wait till Tuesday and go to DFW Honda.

·
Premium Member
16,688 Posts
I was surprised to find Walmart had one for an 1800. I think it was last years I got a call one evening from a riding buddy that was on the road with a dead battery in his 1800. I call the WalMart that was closest to him, their auto department was just getting read to close but set one out and one of the other rides made a mad rush to the Store, got the battery and everybody was happy.

·
Premium Member
3,588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ron, I was surprised by your first reply. As many 'Wings as there are on the road, I still would not expect non-motorcycle accessories retailer to stock them. But I'll get the new one Tuesday and be riding again shortly after.

Thanks for the response. Take care, R

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hopefully the batteries that Walmart sells are better than the ones sold by Advance Auto Parts. I bought one from Advance for my Shadow and it lasted about 4 months. I took it back and found out it only has a 3 month warranty. They did offer to sell me another battery. No thanks!

Might check Walmart next time to check their price and warranty.

Aaron

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Randy,
I wondered why you were not on the ride yesterday to BooRays, now I know.....dead battery.
I got a gel filled one at the Batteries plus on Cooper for my Wing a few months ago.

·
Registered
3,127 Posts
Wal Mart batteries

I had a 1989 1500 that used only Wal Mart batteries after the original went bad. Never had a problem with them or getting them. I will do the same with my 2012 1800.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts