Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2018 GW DCT is flawless for days then all the sudden if gives hell getting it to go in gear. I think it’s the switch has anyone else had this issue

·
Registered
5 Posts
My 2018 GW DCT is flawless for days then all the sudden if gives hell getting it to go in gear. I think it’s the switch has anyone else had this issue
Have you tried 'DCT clutch initialization'? I think it will resolve.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Goldwing hardly ever breaks down. However, since DCT is quite fully controlled by computer, this initialization process will sort it out. I tried on mine once when it was 1 year old. Mine is 2018 DCT Premium Airbag, red and black. No problem until now 16,000 km. Good luck!

·
Registered
5 Posts
When turning off engine, I always press Neutral and kill engine with the engine stop button and then the main power off (ignition on the console).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Goldwing hardly ever breaks down. However, since DCT is quite fully controlled by computer, this initialization process will sort it out. I tried on mine once when it was 1 year old. Mine is 2018 DCT Premium Airbag, red and black. No problem until now 16,000 km. Good luck!
Thanks I have 28,000 on mine

·
Administrator
26,311 Posts
That DCT Initialization process was posted on Wingstuff....obviously for good reason.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have had no issues with either of mine. Shifting isn't quite as smooth, when it close to service time, so I tend to service around 500-700 miles early, as soon as I detect things deteriorating.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts