Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone,got to do my daytrip to Daytona yesterday with my group.Had a great time. Was my 1st visit to Destination Daytona.
WOW! Something there for everyone. Also visited the vendors at the Race Track.Between the 2,got stuff i've been wanting and enjoyed a great ride in the cool weather. Let's hear about everyones adventures that attended. This was my 3rd Bike week trip,and can't wait 'til next year.

·
Registered
449 Posts
I've always wanted to do Daytona but something has always managed to keep me from it. One of these days.......

·
Registered
405 Posts
Hey everyone,got to do my daytrip to Daytona yesterday with my group.Had a great time. Was my 1st visit to Destination Daytona.
WOW! Something there for everyone. Also visited the vendors at the Race Track.Between the 2,got stuff i've been wanting and enjoyed a great ride in the cool weather. Let's hear about everyones adventures that attended. This was my 3rd Bike week trip,and can't wait 'til next year.
Did you ride your bike through the tunnel out onto the infield of the racetrack. Not a big deal but it always puts me in awe as to how big it is in there. I rode about 1100 miles while I was there. Part of those miles was a trip from the Atlantic to the Gulf and back. Last time I did that I saw a bear come out of the woods on state route 44.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes,we did,Ron,had a friends teenager on board,he had never seen it.He was in awe as well,as you say.If you were riding that much you must have caught plenty of rain while down here. Was he a Fl. Black Bear? Have seen deer there,but so far no bears.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Yes,we did,Ron,had a friends teenager on board,he had never seen it.He was in awe as well,as you say.If you were riding that much you must have caught plenty of rain while down here. Was he a Fl. Black Bear? Have seen deer there,but so far no bears.
Yes, I assume it was a Fl. black bear. Wasn't very big, maybe 125-150 lbs. I noticed this time they have bear signs up in that area. No, no rain. I was there from the 27th till Sun. the 7th. I know it rained on the 27th before I got there and it may have rained some on one other day but I know I never broke out the "toggs".

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well I have the privilege to ride to Daytona everyday.
I did ride to the NSB airport area where other goldwing owners and vendors were.
I also went to Sunshine mall where other Wing vendors were.
I also rode thru the tunnel and as always, it's pretty awesome.
(I used to run the sound for NASCAR at the DIS but it's different when the infield is basically empty.)
All in all I rode 5 nights out of the Bikeweek.
Funny enough, Bikeweek was over Sunday and on Monday we hit 78 degrees and it's been nice ever since! lol

For those who didn't come, it was cold here for us Floridians during the entire Bikeweek.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Wesexcellence,sounds like you had a great week.I didn't get to make the NSBairport,was it pretty good this year? Last year was my 1st visit there,wasn't so great,but i'm sure the terrible weather then had a good bit to do with it. Is the Sunshine Mall a usual thing each year? I will put that on my list for next years visit if so. Yes,for us Floridians,coming back to Melbourne the evening of the 6th was quite cold,made a warm up stop in Titusville.

·
Registered
22 Posts
It seemed like alot of members were at the NSB Airport and quite a few vendors.

The Sunshine Mall had several vendors and there were always 50 or so Goldwing owners there to chat with.

I also heard that they had a meet-up at Bellair plaza on the beachside but when I went they were already gone.

I would like to organize a meet-up and maybe a ride for Biketoberfest if yall would like since I know the area quite well.

I love my Goldwing and would like to ride with other proud owners.

PS. I'm prob one of the younger owners here as I'm only 45 but married for 26 years (that's olden you up) lol

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sounds like a great idea.How about you lead a group of us for a ride on "The Loop" for instance. To me,this is some of Florida's beauty at it's best. For those that haven't done it,i'm sure it would impress. What ideas did you have in mind?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts