Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Rode the Wing to Daytona just for the day, planned on buying a "I was there" tee-shirt but no luck. Checked out the helmet headsets, told the vendor I just wanted a unit that would allow me to hear my I-Pod at speed. The unit, cord, and install was just under $300.00, too rich for me! My I-Pod sounded fine on my way home sans helmet unit. Didn't really run across too many "deal" seems like there were no discounted items on the second to the last day of the "week".

This morning I read the stats on bike wrecks, seven deaths were reported; however, these stats did not include whether or not the riders or passenges were wearing helmets or other types of protective gear. Seems like a comon theme was elderly driver turning in front of bikes. Nice weather, doesn't look like the economy was suffering too much in Daytona.

·
Super Moderator
7,609 Posts
Bike Week 2012 looked good, spring breakers were also here and it was a double dose of visitors. I went to most of the festivities during the week, wasn't too bad and even took the Tri-glide for a test ride.

·
Premium Member
24,632 Posts
Seems like all these big rallies have fatalities at them. We were in Sturgis a whole two hours before we saw the first casualty; sport bike rider sans helmet:(Not saying, just saying.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Seems like all these big rallies have fatalities at them. We were in Sturgis a whole two hours before we saw the first casualty; sport bike rider sans helmet:(Not saying, just saying.
Sans??:confused:

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Is that a Bicycle Helmet:confused::eek:

·
Super Moderator
10,000 Posts
Most big rallies tend to bring out the three worst items for motorcycle riders:

Consumption of Alcohol
Excessive speed
Negligence on someone's part.

·
Administrator
29,013 Posts
Most big rallies tend to bring out the three worst items for motorcycle riders:

Consumption of Alcohol
Excessive speed
Negligence on someone's part.
That's a shame for families of the riders but as my friend Two Wheel points out, One of the many reasons why this Ole Fossil doesn't go to those things.

·
Super Moderator
7,609 Posts
The news just reported that 12 people have lost their lives during Bike Week/Spring Break and then toss in St. Patrick's Day and you have a deadly mix in a short period of time.
I feel for the families of those who lost someone.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
That's a shame for families of the riders but as my friend Two Wheel points out, One of the many reasons why this Ole Fossil doesn't go to those things.
I avoid them as well. I ride to get away from crowds.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Ref: You have to be a member of the YOFC (Ye Olde Fart Club) like Budoka and myself to know the meaning of "sans"; it means "without".
I Binged it and got what I thought was a Bicycle Helmet.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
I avoid them as well. I ride to get away from crowds.
+1....I think everyone figures out what they enjoy when they start riding. I consider myself a longrider.
Textile over Leather
Velcro over Buckles
Full Face over Skid Lid
The journey over the destination
Small meet-n-greet over Rally's and Poker Runs
I'm just as happy riding alone as with a group.

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
+1....I think everyone figures out what they enjoy when they start riding. I consider myself a longrider.
Textile over Leather
Velcro over Buckles
Full Face over Skid Lid
The journey over the destination
Small meet-n-greet over Rally's and Poker Runs
I'm just as happy riding alone as with a group.

+1 here, REF.

·
Registered
718 Posts
Spent most of bike week in Daytona, commuting out of Orlando while on vacation. Did see one woman almost go head first off the back of a custom bike when the rider goosed the throttle. Somehow she managed to hook her legs around the rider's and somehow kept from getting caught in that fat exposed rear tire. Thought for sure she'd be on the pavement. Secondly, an Orlando firefighter was killed early in the week on his motorcycle, his riding buddy had to 'lay his bike down' to avoid the accident. I'm sorry on how the media treats having to lay a bike down. Once you lay a bike down you lose any and all control so don't promote that practice please.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Ref: You have to be a member of the YOFC (Ye Olde Fart Club) like Budoka and myself to know the meaning of "sans"; it means "without".
Being an IT guy and a member of the old fart club, I always ponder when I see the font "sans serif".
A font without a serif.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts