Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Meet at Quiktrip, 3353 Camp Rd., Jasper, GA, 9:30-10:00 AM, Friiday, Oct. 05; round trip approximately 200 miles; FYI, Helen is a converted small mountain town in the foothills of the Appalachians to a replica of a Bavarian look-alike village replete with Alpine storefronts, restaurants, and a German beer hall. Their Oktoberfest celebration is now in progress and the ride itself is twisty, mountainous, and scenic, to say the least. The weather is predicted to be ideal motorcycle weather: 81 F and blue skies. Sorry for such short notice but just decided to go. Hope you can join the wife and me.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
I wish I could join you. The wife and I went to Dahlonega a few weeks ago and loved it. I would love to catch Helen, Ga while Oktoberfest is going on .

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
Oh Man! Usually this Friday is my day off but my fire detail to Idaho I had to switch to 8 hour days and do not get off. Bummer. Have a good trip and take pictures!

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I don't think my membership allows me to post pictures as I'm doing the "free" route membership. I tried to post pictures of our Cherohala Skyway/Dragon Tail ride with no success with help from my computer savvy daughter. Plus, I'm not very internet competent when it comes to more than typing a sentence or two. Until I can figure it out, I guess words is all I have to offer. I'm open for suggestions/directions on how to post photos, which I have some of every ride we've ever done. By the way, how did your Idaho excursion fare? Must have been challenging.

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
I don't think my membership allows me to post pictures as I'm doing the "free" route membership. I tried to post pictures of our Cherohala Skyway/Dragon Tail ride with no success with help from my computer savvy daughter. Plus, I'm not very internet competent when it comes to more than typing a sentence or two. Until I can figure it out, I guess words is all I have to offer. I'm open for suggestions/directions on how to post photos, which I have some of every ride we've ever done. By the way, how did your Idaho excursion fare? Must have been challenging.
Love to read ride reports with photos. We will see if we can help with the photos:
Bottom left corner click on Post Reply
Do the write up then click on attachments
Click on Browse
Click on Pictures
Open the folder you want
Click on photo
Go to browse
Select photo
Last step Upload
At the end Submit
Hope that helps. Eric

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
I'm open for suggestions/directions on how to post photos, which I have some of every ride we've ever done. By the way, how did your Idaho excursion fare? Must have been challenging.
Looks like Eric has given instructions on photos. I also have to reduce the size of mine before they will load.

Idaho wasn't really a challenge as there was no way to put out that particular fire I was assigned to. It was burning a long way from any homes and really starting to slow down. We just monitored it, kept it east of one road in particular, and protected the scattered historic fire lookouts and campgrounds. Just lots of driving, sleeping in a tent, and waiting in line for meals or shower. Here's the thread with some pictures;
http://www.goldwingowners.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12176&page=2
They start half way down the second page.

·
Administrator
29,020 Posts
As the guys said George it can be done. You do not have to be a paid member to post. Take pictures follow Eric's instructions but as Mark said you need to reduce the size. I use Microsoft Picture Manager to do this.

If you have any issues feel free to PM me & I'll help you out.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks Eric and Fossil for the picture posting help. My wife Norma will give it a try since I get too impatient with computer stuff. And Mark, the pictures and write up of your Idaho trip were interesting to see and hear about and I didn't know fire towers were used anymore. Learn something new everyday.

·
Premium Member
6,721 Posts
Awesome! I LOVE the Cheroholla!

Mark

·
Premium Member
11,282 Posts
George you are away with this photo thing. Well done. Thankyou for the photos. Eric

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
There were three different companies filming on that particular day. I don't ride that road often, especially on the week-ends, and that was the first time I've seen that. I guess the last time I rode it was about 5 years ago.

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Definitely remember all of those roads. Great Pics George......
Only thing left to do is for our schedules to match up so we can break bread together.
Great Ride....Thanks for sharing

·
Administrator
15,312 Posts
George, Great job! Now we know it really happened. That is a beautiful area and I need to go back.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks Mark. We're just fortunate to be close enough to do it in a day and it is a beautiful ride. Efinref, sorry I can't make the Meet & Greet Nov.03, but it's my granddaughter's birthday and we're going to Biloxi for that. We plan to ride on up the Gulf and down below New Orleans on the bayou and what is called the Old Spanish Trail through Houma, LA, have dinner with Norma's niece in Abbeville, LA along the way, and on to Port Arthur, TX before turning back east. We've also planned to ride N in MS on the Great River Road about 3/4 the way up and then head home, weather permitting. Should be back around the 10th and hopefully some more opportunities to meet/greet will surface.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.