Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Tuesday, Sep 11. Meet at Exxon Cherohala Market, 450 Cherohala Skyway, Tellico Plains, TN; 10:30 AM EDT. Will ride at 11:00 AM or there about. The route will be the Skyway to NC129 (Dragon). We'll end up on US411 at Vonore, TN. From there, my route is 411S to Cartersville, GA & onto home. Lunch at Phillip's Restaurant in Robbinsville, NC. Weather shows 84 degrees & no chance of rain (as of today). My wife Norma and I look forward to meeting you. Questions: [email protected] :D

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
You be safe George.....would really like to meet up with you. Have to wait till another time.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My wife and I had a great ride yesterday across the Cherohalla and the Dragon's Tail. Lots of riders hanging out at Deal's Gap restaurant but saw few on the roads; rather quiet along the way. Nevertheless, could not have asked for better weather. That's the first time we've done both roads in one day from home. Total mileage for the day was 409 (and in only 11 hrs, 45 min. Whew!). Will post pics Friday.

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
That is some pretty country. Glad you had a good ride and look forward to seeing the pictures.

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Guess I have to pay to upload pictures; my daughter and I tried to upload our trip and it didn't work. I'll research process and/or pay and try again later.

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
One day I'm going to re-visit the Cheroholla Highway on a sunny day.
Now you know we are taken GORDO down next year when we can get him to take a day or three off:D

·
Premium Member
592 Posts
Patricia and I will head to those hills ( DG ) today ,it will be new to me on a trike ! We have rode the Dragon and many other NC and Tenn. roads before but on two wheels not three.
Bill

·
Registered
6,417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
We often ride with a couple who ride a 3-wheel after years of riding a standard bike; they like it and do well with all kinds of roads including the DG. Have a good ridie!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.