Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this may sound stupid, but I don't know if these items have a specific name other than "dashboard covers".

I'm borrowing my friend's '84 "Oldwing" and I notice he's missing covers for a stereo mount and some other device next to it, as shown here:

If possible (and not overtly expensive), I'd like to find the covers that go in these openings for him. So do these items have specific names, or do I just search around for "84 Goldwing dashboard covers"?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
15,239 Posts
the radio goes in the left side and the clock on the right but that is an interstate and may have only had a block off plate covering it simular to the ones where the speakers go ( to the left and right in your pic )

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
I took a look at some OEM parts suppliers on the web and there does not seem to be a lot of parts for that area of the bike. You might try eBay, Craigslist or even putting something in the "wanted" sections to see if you can come up with something. Good luck..

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
If I remember correctly there were two separate covers for the fairing gaps and they just popped in and were help there with tabs. I put a stereo in mine with a Cyclesound bracket (don't think they are made anymore) but I probably threw the covers away. If I come across them I'll send you a PM.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for your replies. Yeah I assumed ebay or someplace like that, but I just wasn't sure what kind of search words to use other than "84 Goldwing dashboard covers". I figured if I had specific names (if they have them) I can hone in on them where ever I look.

·
Registered
22 Posts
If you are even halfway handy with a case cutter, you can buy a piece of 1/8" dark smoke or black plexiglass from home depot or Lowes, and fabricate a nice blockout plate. Either from the inside or over the outside. It would certainly look better than a hole... You could use hotglue to mount it from the inside - that way of a radio or clock came along, it could be removed without to much trouble...

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did a search on Ebay for "gl1200 radio cover" and there were a couple of them on there.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Blind Panel Radio P/N 64268-MG9-770 $37.55 Servicehonda.com
Blind Panel Clock P/N 64269-MG9-770 (Discontinued)

·
Super Moderator
7,670 Posts
vidrazor,
If you cannot get the parts through e-bay, the salvage yard will be your last hope. The beauty part of the salvage yard is you don't have to bid on it and wait. If I want something I want it now, I'm not a fan of bidding wars and wondering if I'm the winner, especially if it has to do with vehicle restoration and getting a job done.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts