Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone try this YOKO. AVID ENVIGOR tire on an 1800. I have read great reviews on them.Just wundering if there is any user info. Thats quite the handle for a tire.HA HA. THANKS

·
Registered
734 Posts
DF is running a 205/55/16 Yokohama Advan sport (asymettrical) and has nothing but good things to say about it. No rubbing issues either.

·
Registered
382 Posts
If all goes as planned the Avid Envigor will be my next rear tire. I have tried the Falken got about 18K. Currently have General G-max with about 9K and is barely worn.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I am looking for a tire that is soft(grips the road), good in the rain(no hydoplain) and is guiet.I think the Envigor has this.but would like to hear from someone that has first hand exp.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Yoko's are on my vehicles since the late '80s.
Not on Wing (yet)
They are smooth, quiet, long lasting, and good in the wet.
At least on cars....

·
Registered
34 Posts
OK it is a non run flat I now have 350 miles on it with 36 lbs. of air it is working very well rode it in some hard twisties scrap pegs and got caught in the rain . I like it where it is set at 36 lbs. tire does more than I thought it would do. so far I would replace it with the same thing. this yoko is great. the only thing is I hope it gets a lot of miles.

·
Premium Member
23,785 Posts
OK it is a non run flat I now have 350 miles on it with 36 lbs. of air it is working very well rode it in some hard twisties scrap pegs and got caught in the rain . I like it where it is set at 36 lbs. tire does more than I thought it would do. so far I would replace it with the same thing. this yoko is great. the only thing is I hope it gets a lot of miles.
You echo the sentiments of others. :)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
how did you get the tire balanced? beads or weights ?

·
Registered
34 Posts
That was easy 3 oz. beads. been running in my GL1800 ,1300 VTX dart trailer and my colman trailer. all with great results. also solved the cupping on the wing . I'am at 17000 miles on e-3 did not hit the ware marks yet. 36 lbs. pressure with the beads.on the front tire. the trailers run smoother , I have to look in the mirror to see if there still back there.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Tire size 195-55-16 this size mite be a tad bit higher than the motorcycle tire. I have a spare rim with a m/c tire on it put the two next to each other and compaired them.also this size fits any thing bigger would have a problem getting past the battery box no rubbing on iner fender speedometer was five miles per hour off with the m/c tire now with the yoko its four miles per hour off.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Tire size 195-55-16 this size mite be a tad bit higher than the motorcycle tire. I have a spare rim with a m/c tire on it put the two next to each other and compaired them.also this size fits any thing bigger would have a problem getting past the battery box no rubbing on iner fender speedometer was five miles per hour off with the m/c tire now with the yoko its four miles per hour off.
Are you saying your speedo. was off 5mph from the factory.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I have a 03 wing my rideing freind has a 2012 they are five miles per hour different.the GPS says I'am five miles per hour off with the M/C tire. now with the yoko I'am four miles per hour off doing it the some way freinds 2012 and GPS. note different manufactures make the same size tire but mite be different some what in height.so I can only say what I've found useing the yoko now if it is100% or not its darn close.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.