Honda Goldwing Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
3,920 Posts
I took mine to my local Honda dealership and they put on a car tire without any questions. In fact they say they do them all the time. Easy Peezy.

·
Premium Member
2006 Honda GL1800, 1985 BMW R80RT
96 Posts
I went to an independent shop. They charged me $30 to mount both the front BT-45 and the rear car tire. I used ceramic beads to balance. 3 Oz. in the rear, 2 Oz.
in the front. If you find someone that sells parts and works on old Goldwings, you will be at the right place. The stuffy places that refuse to mount your tires will not work on a 25 or 30 year old wing. Show up to a place that works on older wings with your tires and wheels and you will go home happy.

·
Registered
2006 GL1800 2003 Escapade trailer
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
I went to an independent shop. They charged me $30 to mount both the front BT-45 and the rear car tire. I used ceramic beads to balance. 3 Oz. in the rear, 2 Oz.
in the front. If you find someone that sells parts and works on old Goldwings, you will be at the right place. The stuffy places that refuse to mount your tires will not work on a 25 or 30 year old wing. Show up to a place that works on older wings with your tires and wheels and you will go home happy.
I plan on using the beads as well. Just have to see if the shop I secured will keep their word.

·
Registered
14 Posts
How many of you have had trouble getting someone to mount your car tire? I am going darkside for the first time and a couple of places have already told me no. I do my own maintenance but don't have the proper equipment for mounting tires...especially a run flat.

I have time....my next big road trip isn't until the middle of July....but starting to worry that this might be more difficult than I thought.
I'm on my second car tire. Had both of them mounted by the local tire shop here. He and his family have had motorcycles for years, so figured he knew his way around a bike, at least. He had to google how to get to the tire, etc. but I haven't had a bit of problems. In fact, he put all the tires on my bike this last time. The only one I bought from him, was the one for the sidecar. My daughter bought the car tire as a mother's day present, and I got the front tire (actually put a rear tire on the front) on line, and had it delivered here.

·
Registered
2006 GL1800 2003 Escapade trailer
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
I'm on my second car tire. Had both of them mounted by the local tire shop here. He and his family have had motorcycles for years, so figured he knew his way around a bike, at least. He had to google how to get to the tire, etc. but I haven't had a bit of problems. In fact, he put all the tires on my bike this last time. The only one I bought from him, was the one for the sidecar. My daughter bought the car tire as a mother's day present, and I got the front tire (actually put a rear tire on the front) on line, and had it delivered here.
My tire should be here Monday. I have a local tire shop that said they would do it but of course me being me, I will worry until it's actually done. I'm going on a week long trip next month and want to get the tire on and put a few miles on it before I leave to get the feel for it.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts