Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I ride to work and back everyday. 30 miles each way.
I always check the weather before I leave and this morning's forecast was 'SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS".

If the forecast just says rain, I will still ride. No worries there.
But 'SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS" makes this old okie crawl in the truck.

Not a drop of rain, or thunder, or storm today. Today was warm, cloudy, and beautiful in south central Oklahoma. :mad:

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
I think the more advanced the weather forecaster's equipment gets, the less accurate they are! :eek:

·
Registered
306 Posts
I always look at the radar and watch the flow of any stroms, if it looks like it is going to be hit or miss I take the chance. I have been lucky on the Wing, but me and my Shadow seen some bad ones.

·
Super Moderator
15,161 Posts
well the weather man didn't lie to you he just got the location wrong because we had some severe thunderstorms pass through here between noon and four

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
:eek:When I go to work in the morning and it is not with rain I ride and I would say 80% of my return home ride is dry. Now if it is a trip I put on the poor weather gear and say screw you weather man.

·
Registered
2,220 Posts
A few years back there was a report about predicting the weather. The report said that if the weather person just said" TOMORROW WILL BE THE SAME AS TODAY" they would be right a greater percentage of the time than they are when they actually try to predict it. :(

·
Registered
2,825 Posts
My rule of thumb is if its not raining in the morning when I leave for work, ( I too drive 30 miles one way) I ride the wing. I dont care if I get wet on the way home, but getting wet on the way to work, and having to workk all day in wet cloathes sucks.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
Is was supposed to rain here also but I decided to ride my wing to work anyways , it rained off as on all the way down then just stayed cloudy , glad I took it

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
+1 on if its raining in the morning, I don't ride. We were supposed to have had storms today and I rode. I was home 2 hours before the storms rolled through. If it storms I can wait on it or ride anyway. I just don't test those Hurricanadoes.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Remember, any weather report generally includes the whole coverage area of the station giving the report. That's a large area for most TV stations!
Check the "moving" radar available via the net for your riding "area". I-phone w/weather app is a must for me.
I will normally "saddle up" w/a chance of up to 30% for rain, etc. Higher than that, I have nothing to prove and take the cage!

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Rain I can deal with pretty much anytime, you sort of have to in this neck of the woods. However, what's out there today is beyond cruel. Check it out:

Attachments

1 - 14 of 14 Posts