Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today Mark rode into Tyler and we hooked up for a ride west. He was headed to Big Bend and rode into Tyler from Mississippi taking a route to Waco and south to Uvalde. We rode west about a 100 miles to Corsicana and stopped for lunch. Mark's a super guy and really enjoyed hearing about his trade as a professional forest fire fighter. If you haven't met him he looks like a forest fire fighter, a tall strapping and fit fellow that looks like he could have backpacked to west Texas and left his bike at home. He looks allot like Will aka Willmax. He sent me a PM tonight as he made it to Uvalde and tomorrow heads for Alpine, Tx near Big Bend. Ride safe Mark, it was great meeting you.

Land vehicle Vehicle Motor vehicle Car Automotive design

·
Super Moderator
9,994 Posts
I have had the pleasue of his company also..

·
Registered
203 Posts
HI Dan,
Glad to see two more forum friends meet up!! I have really enjoyed reading all the friendships, rides etc. that are created from this place!! Also glad to hear Mark made it safely to his destination.
Ride with the angels surrounding you.
God bless,
Angelmammaw

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Dan....your like the gateway to Texas. Great job...I hope Mark has a safe ride. Maybe one day he and I can catch since we're practically neighbors.

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Dan....your like the gateway to Texas. Great job...I hope Mark has a safe ride. Maybe one day he and I can catch since we're practically neighbors.
Just let me know. There are a couple covered bridges near Birmingham I would like to see. We have some great roads and places in Mississippi too.

·
Administrator
15,288 Posts
Thank you, Dan. It wasn't a great motorcycle road but the company was good. I hope to ride with you again and have a better destination in mind. Today was fast and furious but the next few days should be good. I'm definitely going to try that road along the Rio Grande. It looks great.

·
Premium Member
7,120 Posts
Just let me know. There are a couple covered bridges near Birmingham I would like to see. We have some great roads and places in Mississippi too.
Once you return home safe and are ready for another run, we will make it happen. Have ridden past the covered bridges many times.....but haven't seen them since I was a kid.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Thank you, Dan. It wasn't a great motorcycle road but the company was good. I hope to ride with you again and have a better destination in mind. Today was fast and furious but the next few days should be good. I'm definitely going to try that road along the Rio Grande. It looks great.
Glad to see "in person" fellowship like that. Good stuff. I look forward to meeting Dan in person when he visits the PNW.

I enjoyed Ft. Davis just outside of Alpine in December.

·
Administrator
29,001 Posts
I have had the pleasue of his company also..
As my Two Wheeled comrade says I also had the opportunity to share some time with Mark. A quality person to say the least.

Glad you guys had time to share.

Mark have a safe trip & ride home.

·
Premium Member
11,279 Posts
Have a safe trip Mark. Good to see you caught up with Dan. Eric

·
Premium Member
1,128 Posts
I've had the pleasure of riding with both Mark and Dan on separate occasions. Both are top-drawer guys.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Glad to see "in person" fellowship like that. Good stuff. I look forward to meeting Dan in person when he visits the PNW.

I enjoyed Ft. Davis just outside of Alpine in December.

When I was quickly scrolling the page this morning and saw these pics they were a pleasant reminder of my trip there last summer Larry during the wild fires. The loop thru the Davis Mtns. was open but very smoky. Critters were on the run and fire crews were working the hot spots. One of the riders was also doing geo cache as we were looking for hidden treasure. It was a fun ride.

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I've had the pleasure of riding with both Mark and Dan on separate occasions. Both are top-drawer guys.
Never been called top drawer before Will. Now I'll have to buy lunch on our next ride which I hope is very soon. BTW, Mark expressed an interest in our Nova Scotia trip next summer. He said August is most likely good for him but everything is contingent upon fire conditions next summer.

G

·
Hi guys I'm happy to read about your get together. If you are interested in taking a newbie along to Nova Scotia trip next summer I’m in along with my loved one which happens to be my wife. That would be a fantastic brick to my wall.

·
Premium Member
5,433 Posts
thanks for sharing guys , love when members meet up

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
Glad that you guys can get together for rides. That's what its all about.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Nova Scotia.... I am gonna have to get my Geography Book out and see about this. Can I drive there? Do they speak English? More importantly, do they have McDonald's with their free internet?

·
Premium Member
7,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 · (Edited)
Nova Scotia.... I am gonna have to get my Geography Book out and see about this. Can I drive there? Do they speak English? More importantly, do they have McDonald's with their free internet?
Larry, that northeastern map section of yours is looking mighty naked. A Nova Scotia run might get some of that area colored in.BTW your signature area is looking really cool. You're ahead of on computer skills.

·
Banned
2,948 Posts
Larry, that northeastern map section of yours is looking mighty naked. A Nova Scotia run might get some of that area colored in.BTW your signature area is looking really cool. You're ahead of on computer skills.
Thanks for your kind words. I was doing that rather than the work I should be done.

Well I might be tempted by next summer. I already screwed this one up with plans for the Hoon Tour!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts