Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you ride your Wing as a daily driver to work or perhaps as primary transportation or are you a weekend warrior that enjoys riding in your leisure? Sometimes it's a little bit of both like it is for me. I may have a few days during the week when I don't need the work truck and can conduct business from the bike. The gentleman I bought my bike from said he rode Wings in Atlanta year round with a three piece suit. Some are so fortunate to be able to maximize their riding experience. What's your story? How does your Wing fit into your life?

·
Super Moderator
15,158 Posts
my wing does everything from getting groceries to out of state travels

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
All I have is my Wing.
It takes me grocery shopping, around town for errands or where ever I need to go.
Cold, hot, wet, dry, windy or calm that's how I travel.

·
Premium Member
7,122 Posts
90% of the time I'm on the wing. I rode 135 miles to Atlanta for a tournament. Wouldn't have it any other way.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
My 2 year old Pick-up has 10,000 miles on it.....My Goldwing has 45,000 miles on it. I pretty much use the wing for everything except picking up the kids from school. I LOVE my Wing!:D

Mark

·
Registered
674 Posts
I am on my Wing about 50% of the time that I need to travel. It would be much more if my spine were in better shape. I find that wearing my helmet causes severe neck pain. ( Mostly from the acceleration ) LOL.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow, I had no idea some of you rode your Wing as much as you do like Trike Lady. That's so cool and I also like to use mine as much as possible, evenif it's only riding 5 miles to town to get a Sunday paper which usually takes me over an hour as I ride around the lake on the way. I know some like Larry who also uses his for moto camping which I'm also gearing up for also with my hitch on order and recent purchase of the HF tag along trailer. Kudos to all of you Wingers.

·
Premium Member
333 Posts
Pleasure only......really can't use it for work although I have on occasion for short trips around town but not really supposed to.

·
Premium Member
24,648 Posts
Most of April thru October as weather permits (I bail on sub freezing temps if there's any precip) I'm on one bike or the other. There's times when the pick-up is necessary but I commute with the Wing as often as I can. The RC is for when my inner child needs out.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I am retired but have a part time business from home. I use the wing daily, except for really wet weather. I live in Texas and ride year round. Have ridden in 17degrees and 110 degrees. Don't do much long distance any more, just around town mostly (I should say around the county, as I live outside of town. But even with just local driving, I have put 5,000 miles on since mid Nov. Know some put that on during one trip. I used to, but have slowed down quite a bit. But 1000 mi a month average for around town is about my speed now.

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Being retired I just use it for fun and trips when we can. Living in the Northwest our winters are cold and wet. Did mention it rains a lot in the winter here.:rolleyes:
In 2010 I log just over 17,000 miles.
We have a Kwik Kamp, pop up tent trailer for our camping trips. Use to do a lot of camping, not so much any more.
So to answer your question, pretty much use it just of fun on any day I can.

·
Registered
126 Posts
Yes.

My car needs fuel about every other month, maybe three months between fill ups. The Goldwing gets a tank every four days, and work is only 10 miles away. Last weekend I filled her Sat. morning, then Sun. morning and one more time Mon. afternoon......

·
Registered
718 Posts
When I can get fair weather, April to Nov. I'm on the wing. Work commuter, pleasure rides and touring. Been pulling 10,000 miles a year for the last few years.

·
Premium Member
7,508 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Blk93wing, that's 1428 miles monthly for seven months. Not bad. Ron you said 17,000 in the past and that's about 1416 monthly if you rode year round which I doubt you do because of your inclement weather. Some of you guys and gals really rack up the miles. There's no doubt that you love your Wing as much as I do. I wonder what the top mileage yearly here is on this forum?

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
The 17'000 in 2010 included 7500 mile in one month on our trip from home to the Allentown, Pa area, return trip took across southern Tennessee. Oh to be young again.

·
Registered
473 Posts
The wing is my preferred choice, even for work, a work trip can take me out 200mi one way on occasion. But I had to be selective up til now, got the hitch on the bike and as of this morning, the trailer is officially on the road. 11,546 to date since purchasing last July 2, new tires going on during my next service the 24th.

·
Registered
9,541 Posts
I try to keep the car in front of the house and use my bike all of the time but with the cold weather we can receive, (not this winter) I would go with 84.25% of the year I am on my bike. Sunday mornings are for the get out and get some fresh air before the day gets going and with a wife like I have thank you god my two days off every other week in the middle of the week I get lost in Va., Md., Wv., or the home state of Pa. just because she loves to see me so happy. Maybe I can bring that % up a bit this year, I hope.

·
Registered
169 Posts
We have only 6 months of good riding weather so I use my Wing to commute to work and to just take a ride. Work is 50 miles round trip and mornings can be cool but Gerbings warm them up. No telling how many miles I would have on my bike if I lived in a warm climate. I would rather ride than drive. I have a trip planned from home to Colorado first week of June and can't wait.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts