1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys - I have a 2008 GL1800 with 18,400 miles
on the clock and my oem tire needs replacing. I do
have over 18.000 miles on the Dunlop D250, and
wonder if I should stick with the D250 or switch to a Dunlop Elite III. Would I expect more milagefrom the Elite?

Dave

·
Registered
405 Posts
From what I have read that is very good milage. I don't believe you could expect that out of any other tire. But most people think there is no comparsion between the stock dunnies and the E3's. The E3's being the best that is and providing a much better ride in the rain. A lot of riders also like the Avon tire. From what I have seen though the majority of riders prefer Bridgestone. The 'stones seem to have the best of both worlds....traction, and wear; and at a good price compared to other brands. But you still will find it hard to beat 18,400. I have not changed mine yet but when I do it will be to the stones.

·
Registered
103 Posts
A week after I took deliver of my 2008 Wing (Jul07), I got a nail in my rear tire. I had it replaced with an E3 (about 9K miles ago) and it hardly looks worn. I do a lot of solo riding, so that may have something to do with it. I'm very pleased with the E3 on the rear. Still have the original tire on the front, and it's starting to get close to replacing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts