Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought to share some pics and a very short vid with those of you in colder climates who may have to ride with us vicariously. We rode down the coast to Big Sur to have lunch and a beer at the Ventana Inn this weekend.

***Just added a second vid 12/13/11 from a MC perspective, Not as scenic as the first:

·
Registered
6,734 Posts
Nice pictures Dookoo never been out to the west coast, maybe some day.

·
Super Moderator
28,451 Posts
Thanks for the trip guys. Reminds me of our trip last year running up from San Fran. to Oregon. Nice pictures.

·
Super Moderator
15,240 Posts
nice view in the pic's and great footage in the vid, thanks guys

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Incredible view...thanks for the pics.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Thanks D and DF, reminds me of the trip down the coast many years ago. While it's winter here, of late it's been mild (too darn mild really) and almost all the snow is gone:eek:. Not riding weather like yours to be sure though. I remember the cliffsides and the rugged coastline north of Crescent City, breathtaking!

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
As stated before, if any of you are in the area, PM and we'll get together. My schedule is pretty flexible and if the boss don't like it, I'm getting a bit of a cough and fever.

·
Super Moderator
11,809 Posts
Nice, thank you. I'm hoping to get down your way in the next year or two.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Spent a Thanksgiving camping in the Ventana Wilderness many years ago--must have been about 90' or 91'. We cooked cornish game hens on a grill and it was so cold up there my Golden Retriever layed down too close to the camp fire and got singed--we laughed hard and loved the whole experience. That part of California is unmatched. I've been in Iowa many years now but those years were fantastic. :)

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Kid61's post makes me recall all the fantastic cookouts we've had while Winging it over the years. She and I used to eat like kings on the road. Had our little fold-up habachi, and propane camp-stove as well as the campfire to cook with. Tiger prawns, steak, burgers, chicken...too good it was. Couple that with the ocean-side, a lake, or a running stream and it's heaven for sure. Dang, I'm hungry now!:D

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
We camp in Big Sur about 2 weeks out of the year and it is rejuvenating for the soul. Something about being outside with nature that brings out the best, in food and company. I will attach a new video I spliced together on my first post from my usual perspective.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Nice vid Dookoo! If anyone still has doubts about the GL front suspension, I urge you to take a good look at how the front fork is functioning on this clip. Very smooth and compliant with no shock transmitting through the camera mount at all. Dookoo, is your camera a GoPro by chance? ;)

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Nice vid Dookoo! If anyone still has doubts about the GL front suspension, I urge you to take a good look at how the front fork is functioning on this clip. Very smooth and compliant with no shock transmitting through the camera mount at all. Dookoo, is your camera a GoPro by chance? ;)
Like that GoPro sticker?! I got tired of people asking me what camera I am using.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Well, it made me ask didn't it? LMAO:D

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Very nice video and pic's my man. Eventually I have to do the California coast line.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Very nice video and pic's my man. Eventually I have to do the California coast line.
Just get here safely please. And stay away from those right-of-way violating lane changers!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Thanks..just got back ourselves from trip to Monterey, Coast Hwy,Yoesemite...incredible areas. We were on four wheels this time and it is still a must see for anyone who has a chance to do it. Thanks again,

1 - 20 of 21 Posts