Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yes! I am thinking about getting a custom seat for my 2002 GL1800. I'm Pondering the Russell Day-Long Seat. I know I could get other custom for less but I'm looking for the best. I only plan on doing this one time. I have only had this ride for about three months but do long weekend rides and ride 90 miles commute round trip to work. With the stock seat I feel like I slide forward which upsets Mr. righty and Mr. Lefty. I am 6"1 and 220lbs

What do you all have to say about the Russell Day-Long?

·
Premium Member
24,643 Posts
If it was me (I'm close to your size, but a couple inches shorter) I'd be looking at the Russel or the Ultimate. A priority for me is the heat option.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Not much other than to comment the gel seat cushion from WalMart is only $20!
Another option is the Wingsoft modification to consider.
I tried a few of the high dollar seats on my 1500 years ago. Never found one that was worth anywhere near the cost. Just my opinion!
As far as heated seats go, my current Wing has one. My bottom is not what gets cold, just saying..............
I guess I am a simple man and enjoy, my now a trike, bike.
I have rode several w/high dollar mods of all kinds and find none make a big enough difference to justify the cost. It is after all a motorcycle!
I triked because of health issues to keep riding.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
I'm a big Corbin fan I've had two (on different bikes) and love them both

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
72 Posts
Gusseted pants are available from REI. They're hiking type pants. Also, Deluth Trading Co. (on line) sells jeans w/gussets. I usually wear a pair under my Firstgear mesh pants.

·
Registered
363 Posts
You can't go wrong with either the Russell, Ultimate or Hartco seats. They're all top quality!!! I've experienced all of them.

·
Premium Member
11,280 Posts
You will find the airhawk seat great. It will give you half an hour to a hour in the seat at a time. I only use it when I am riding by myself and that way I give Vanessa more breaks.

·
Administrator
15,295 Posts
I got a Wingsoft seat a few months ago.
http://www.bikesolutionsllc.com/GL1800 Seats Main Page/GL1800 Seats Main Page.htm
Mine is the one that moves you back an inch or two. I'm 6' 1" and that made my knees happy while the seat makes my behind happy. I didn't have a problem with the stock seat but this one I do like better. The only problem now is I need to add handlebar risers to finish the improvements.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
I've had two Russell seats and very satisfied with both. Installed on my VRod and a Yamaha Venture. Custom made to fit, supportive without too much pillow. Sold the Venture and have a 2012 Goldwing now and am happy with the stock seat or I would replace it with another Russell. You can get pretty good deals on the Russell seat this time of year. Check it out.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.