Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2012 blue Goldwing and looking to do some customizing. I know I want to replace the black on the bags and rear with the same silver as on the fairing. Any other ideas? I'm not very creative and wanted to see some pictures or get some ideas from the group before going to my paint guy.

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
The only thing that comes to an Ole Fossil's mind is.....

Sometimes(Most times) the simplest says the most!:YellowWow:

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
DON'T listen the Fossil. Bling is the thing. Check out our sponsor Wing Stuff they got lots of Bling for the Wing.

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts

·
Super Moderator
7,612 Posts
I have a 2012 blue Goldwing and looking to do some customizing. I know I want to replace the black on the bags and rear with the same silver as on the fairing. Any other ideas? I'm not very creative and wanted to see some pictures or get some ideas from the group before going to my paint guy.
May I suggest a visit here: http://www.hondaofrussellville.com/ they have custom painted 2013 1800s.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
You could always put some Super Bowl 47 world champions stickers on the saddle bags, that always makes anything look good

·
Super Moderator
12,272 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
I went with accessories and lighting since the 2012 is very easily setup for plug and play harnesses.

As for painting it, I am leaving the basic design alone but planning on having a small airbrush design done on the bags that depicts the U.S. Flag mural'd with one of the warships I served on as a dedication to everyone who served..

·
Premium Member
24,630 Posts
Just remember the blacked out portions are also textured, so would require some special treatment if not special paint to adhere properly. I've always been a fan of airbrush work but remember not everyone's tastes run the same directions. This is what I had my buddy do on my Vulcan (he's very talented with an airbrush)

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
Just remember the blacked out portions are also textured, so would require some special treatment if not special paint to adhere properly. I've always been a fan of airbrush work but remember not everyone's tastes run the same directions. This is what I had my buddy do on my Vulcan (he's very talented with an airbrush)
I was thinking along the red portion of the saddle bags... maybe something along the trunk sides...

BTW, stupid question, how do I add images in my post like you did where it shows a thumbnail that can be clicked to show larger sized image?

·
Administrator
29,023 Posts
Malakie, PM sent your way.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Nice Job with the Bling there , kikker. Very nice
And for Fossil:pot:

·
Premium Member
10 Posts
Custom paint

You could always do something completely different....

Ten days and two air brushes and 25 grams of blue pearl on a red base. Anything's possible!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.