Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need some idea's for a exhaust for my gl1500. The engine is going into the bed of a Japanese mini truck. I'm looking for some good ideas for a short run turbo exhaust set up. I'm only doing a single turbo. This is not only my first gl1500 but my first turbo setup also. I know you want short runs. I have 3 ideas myself.

1. 3 into 1 into inverted Y pipe.
2. Log headers short runners close to head into invented Y.
3. Running all 6 runners into one bigger pipe @ bottom of engine.

I will be running exhaust forword because I'm running a intercooler. I know this is a bit unconventional for most of you goldwing riders but thought some of you mite know cars too.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
sounds like you have a couple ideas to start your project. i didn't want a turbo or supercharger on the mustang or t-bird. i looked into it but decided the best way to go would be to have a good strong motor

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well my interest in this motor is not only the fact that its a good pick for my project but I have not been able to find anyone doing high performance work to these engines. I like to do new things that have not been done before.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
Well my interest in this motor is not only the fact that its a good pick for my project but I have not been able to find anyone doing high performance work to these engines. I like to do new things that have not been done before.
most of the guys that hot rod bikes work with sport bikes or harleys. it would be nice if there were a few things on the market for a wing

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well that's why I'm doing this project. I think this engine has great potential for big power. I plan on finding that max power and maybe developing or helping get a higher interest in performance parts for goldwings.

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
Well that's why I'm doing this project. I think this engine has great potential for big power. I plan on finding that max power and maybe developing or helping get a higher interest in performance parts for goldwings.
they haven't produced any high performace parts for wings in all these years and i'm not holding my breath waiting for them to

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I can't promise mass production of performance parts but I will share my progress in seeing what could be done with one of these engines.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.