Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok boys and girls, my cruise doesn't work, had it checked out: all four cancel switches are good, the crusie light comes on, but the set light does not. The indy told me it could be the speedo pickup in the in the speedo or a break in the wires going back to the computer (under the trunk) or the computer. Any ideas? :mad::confused:

·
Premium Member
23,774 Posts
Ok boys and girls, my cruise doesn't work, had it checked out: all four cancel switches are good, the crusie light comes on, but the set light does not. The indy told me it could be the speedo pickup in the in the speedo or a break in the wires going back to the computer (under the trunk) or the computer. Any ideas? :mad::confused:
Bump! Come on you 1500 mechanical wizards. lrjackel needs some ideas.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
576 Posts
Linden, did your problem just start or has it been on going for some time? My riding partner bought a 1500 years back and the cruise never worked, turned out to be the chrome after market front brake lever the previous owner had put on. It would not depress the micro switch so the cruise would not set.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Linden, did your problem just start or has it been on going for some time? My riding partner bought a 1500 years back and the cruise never worked, turned out to be the chrome after market front brake lever the previous owner had put on. It would not depress the micro switch so the cruise would not set.
Matt, I bought the wing that way. I just got it back after two hours of labor intensive shop work, they checked all four switches and couldn't come up with why the cruise wouldn't set. They said it could be the computer (under the trunk, another 3 hours) or a break in the harness between the computer and the front or the speed sensor. They also felt that it was electrical not vacuum. Thanks, Linden:confused:

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
Linden , I just checked my shop manuals. The Clymers has no help in it. They actually say that troubleshooting should not be tried by owner mechanic. The Honda manual is of complex nature. It walks you through several procedures & several different lines. I am going to a race this weekend so won't be around. If you want to wait until Monday or Tuesday let me know & I can walk throught it with you over the phone.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Linden , I just checked my shop manuals. The Clymers has no help in it. They actually say that troubleshooting should not be tried by owner mechanic. The Honda manual is of complex nature. It walks you through several procedures & several different lines. I am going to a race this weekend so won't be around. If you want to wait until Monday or Tuesday let me know & I can walk throught it with you over the phone.
Do you still have my phone number? Linden

·
Super Moderator
28,448 Posts
10-4 good buddy

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just bought a 1993 GL1500 and have the same problem, the previous owner said sometimes it works and sometimes not. I havn't been able to get it to work yet. If you find a fix, please let me know.

Thanks, Marty

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
I just bought a 1993 GL1500 and have the same problem, the previous owner said sometimes it works and sometimes not. I havn't been able to get it to work yet. If you find a fix, please let me know.

Thanks, Marty
Marty, usually it is one of the four cancel switches, mine something else. Linden

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
When you try to set it push out slightly on the front brake lever and hold it out as you try to set it, then try the same thing with the clutch lever.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I had a bit of inconsistency on my old 1500. I think it was because I didn't use the CC much and the set switch got dirty. By using it more it seemed to work itself out. Anyone know a good way to clean the set switch???

1 - 11 of 11 Posts