Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning all. I am a new member.I have a 03 wing with 31,000 miles.Yesterday i changed the air filter and i pretty much thought all went rather smooth.Until i had it all done and went for a ride.As soon as i hit 15mph the cruise set light started flashing. I tried engaging the cruise on light and that comes on but the cruise does not work.I pulled over and shut the bike off and started it up again and the cruise set light was off,starting rolling forward and as i hit 15mph the cruise set light starts flashing again! Help me my fellow wingers!!!:)

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You might have not plugged the connector in all the way when you put the bike back together. You have to hear the CLICK when you push the connector together. you could try disconnecting the battery and see if that will reset it, that is the easiest thing to do.

·
Registered
7 Posts
When my cruise set light was flashing, it was caused by a very low state of charge in the battery (even though the alternator was working fine) due to the bike sitting unused for several weeks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thank you guys..went back after a good nights sleep and found i forgot to plug in a connector under cruise control module on top of air box. Again tks for the replys and you all ride safe!!

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
AH, YES.. The old "what does this plug do??" Your not the first one of us to make that mistake. Glad you found it.. Ride safe and stay "pluged in"..

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Usually the radio antenna wire is left unplugged and then no radio. Glad you found the problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts