Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Am based in Florida but on a trip in Tennessee with much colder weather. Riding a 2002 Gold Wing. Noticed that both the cruise on/off and also the reverse button activation switches are both sticking in. A dealer in Tennessee suggested I spray around the cruise on/off button with WD 40 and initially, that did not work until I giggled and giggled it and then it came out. Did not spray the reverse and it is still sticking in. What does anyone recommend doing to free up these switches? Is WD 40 the best product to use or is there something better?

Another item - can't seem to find out if there is a directional compass display. Didn't find it in the manual but I thought there should be a compass display. Am I missing something? If it is not an option, what does anyone recommend?

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
You say the reverse button is stuck in. How are you able to start the bike with that in? Is the light illuminated on the dash for reverse??

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the response. The reverse button had to be giggled over and over because as you point out, it won't start in reverse. I sprayed it around the button with WD 40 and now it moves in and out very easily.

What about the compass display? Is there one on my 2002 Wing? Thanks.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Glad the WD40 worked for you, but I'd recommend a contact cleaner made specifically for electronics for future use, follow that with a good shot of compressed air to dry things out. WD40 has an affinity for attracting moisture & dust which is the root of all evil in switchgear. I don't know that there was ever a compass display for the non-navi Wing's display. Someone that has an '01-'05 can maybe tell you more about that.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
There is no compass display unless you have a NAV model.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts