Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Could be as simple as a brake light or clutch switch.

Check those first.

It kicks it out of cruise when either of the brakes or the clutch is used, so if one of those is telling the cruise that it is being used, it won't lock in.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be as simple as a brake light or clutch switch.

Check those first.

It kicks it out of cruise when either of the brakes or the clutch is used, so if one of those is telling the cruise that it is being used, it won't lock in.
I can hear the switches "clicking" but i guess that doesnt mean they are working correctly.I will try and check for continuity as soon as figure out how-thanks,charles

·
Super Moderator
7,664 Posts
Clutch, Front & Rear brake switches, Relay #6, #1 & #2, Fuses 2,3 & 11, throttle cancel switch, there is also a relay hidden under the left hand fairing inner cover. Start with the easy to reach fuses, switches and relays.

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Do you have after market levers ??. These can often be the problem. Push out on the clutch and listen for the click then do the same with the brake. If either one or both give you a click when pushed out. That is probably your problem. Some time you can shim the lever contact or it may just be that the pivot post need a little lube. Chack all the above post also.
From the Northwest Corner

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Clutch, Front & Rear brake switches, Relay #6, #1 & #2, Fuses 2,3 & 11, throttle cancel switch, there is also a relay hidden under the left hand fairing inner cover. Start with the easy to reach fuses, switches and relays.
thanks trike lady i will try these and let you know

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you have after market levers ??. These can often be the problem. Push out on the clutch and listen for the click then do the same with the brake. If either one or both give you a click when pushed out. That is probably your problem. Some time you can shim the lever contact or it may just be that the pivot post need a little lube. Chack all the above post also.
thanks i do have aftermarket levers will also check these

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Good find: we have to add that one to the bag of tricks. I never had that one be the problem, never had to go any farther then the Handle bars. Way to go.
Ron

1 - 9 of 9 Posts