Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the cruise filter on the 1500? Is it hard to change?

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
The filter is located inside the left fairing inner cover (see sec 13-11 in the service manual). It is attached to the left facing (you) side of the cruise valve assembly (as you sit on the bike) in a plastic L-shaped housing, the element is foam. PM me if you need the manual sections and I'll send you what you need in pdf format. Element p/n is 36532-MN5-005

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks budoka! I looked all over on the schematics but couldn't find it. That helps

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
While you have the bike apart change the sub filter also.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Joe, do you know what the service interval is on the sub filter? I have looked and can't find anything in the manual or on the dealer-site. I hate it when they do that stuff.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
DARN, I just ordered a cruise filter & now I have to order something else & pay the shipping. I guess I'll wait till I need something else. What does this actually filter?
Any other filters anywhere?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Joe, do you know what the service interval is on the sub filter? I have looked and can't find anything in the manual or on the dealer-site. I hate it when they do that stuff.
It's like many other things on the bike, they have no recommendations for it but it dries out like the cruise filter and can get into the system. I would say every 3 to 5 years at the longest.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, my bike is 13 yrs old & I'm pretty sure it has never been changed. Is the sub cleaner just foam like the Cruise filter. I think I could just make my own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts