Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an '06 Wing. The cruise control has been kicking out here lately. It will usually reset and work OK. Today it shut off and would not set again. It usually gives me trouble in the mornings, on the way to work and works fine in the evenings on the way home. Today it was both. The cruise light is on but it will not set. I'm guessing that it will work tomorrow to some degree but not sure. Anyone have any ideas about this issue? Thanks Robert.

·
Registered
793 Posts
Take a look at the brake light switches and the clutch switch as they may be sticking. The switches on the handle bars are more likely to fail due to corrosion from riding in the rain.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Had the same problem it turned out to be a clutch switch. My problem was with the second one hid behind the first one. I tested the clutch switch first thing but did not know there was 2 of them found the second one by accident after spending hours looking for the problem in other places.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
Good post ronwheeler, but what exactly did you do to remedy the problem?

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my Goldwing a few weeks ago. I replace the OEM black clutch and brake levers with the adjustable chrome version a day or two ago. Yesterday morning the cruise would not set. I am guessing something didn't go right when installing the levers... probably the clutch side.
Any tips?

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
I bought my Goldwing a few weeks ago. I replace the OEM black clutch and brake levers with the adjustable chrome version a day or two ago. Yesterday morning the cruise would not set. I am guessing something didn't go right when installing the levers... probably the clutch side.
Any tips?
Usually the after market levers are not the same where they meet the micro switches to enable the cruise to set. Next time try pushing out on the clutch lever and hit the set button at the same time, then try it with the front brake lever, When I had chrome levers on my 92 I had to build up the end that strikes the switch with a couple pieces of black electrical tape.

Also make sure you have the levers to tight.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Budoka, I have actually not fixed it yet. I have ordered a new switch on e-bay have not received it yet but what I did was bypass the switch so my cruse would work. It will not disengage now when I hit the clutch all the other disengagements work (foot brake, hand brake ect.. My switch had gotten broken and part of it was gone. My cruse stopped working after I had some work done on the clutch slave. I guess the mechanic broke it some way of course they said they didn't.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts