Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i set my cruise and let go of the throttle the bike slows down 5mph then picks up the same back to where i set it. this is a 2008 GW I have a factory shop man. but this problem is not addressed THANKS FOR ANY HELP

·
Registered
515 Posts
Don't have an explanation for it but my 2000SE does the same. Seems the FI on the 1800 would react better than the carb set up on the 15. I just don't let off the throttle immeadiately after hitting the set button, it catches. I think I have seen postings on this before, perhaps one of the 1800 guys can give you specifics. Maybe try the search tab?

·
Premium Member
23,772 Posts
when i set my cruise and let go of the throttle the bike slows down 5mph then picks up the same back to where i set it. this is a 2008 GW I have a factory shop man. but this problem is not addressed THANKS FOR ANY HELP
I have an 08 also. I'll try the cruise control and note the response and get back to you.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It's normal on the 1800's, when you hit the set button, then push the resume button for about 3 seconds and then let go, it will not drop speed then. There is a fix, it involves removal of the top shelter, The adjuster is located straight down the right side of the ignition key about 5 inches or so. You have to peel back the right plastic guard under the ignition to get to it. It helps to have a second person to hold the plastic back and shine a trouble light on the adjuster. It looks just like the throttle adjuster above the throttle, a long nut to adjust and a small nut to lock the long nut.
start the bike and run it until it comes off fast idle and is at normal idle speed, turn the long nut out until the RPM's start to increase, then turn it back in until it drops to normal, then tighten the two nuts together and your set.
Additional info. The lock nut is a 10MM and the long nut is an 8MM.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Here is the adjuster.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts