7,118 Posts
I would suggest a blast of contact cleaner....then try it

·
Premium Member
7,118 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,530 Posts
Check the brake safety pedal switch and the clutch switch as well. They work the same way (or not:().

·
Premium Member
16,687 Posts
Do you have after market levers on it. Sometimes they are the problem.
You can also try pushing out on the clutch and brake lever while going down the road then try and set it.
Also knew a guy that rode with his toe resting on the foot brake, not enough to activate the brakes just enough to open the switch.

·
Registered
5,003 Posts
You are pushing the engage button and waiting about 10 seconds for it to engage? Right? It doesn't engage instantly like a car. The light will come on right away, but it takes a while for the system to engage. Just wondering.

·
Premium Member
430 Posts
Does the brake light come on when you step on the rear brake pedal or apply the front brake? If the brake light does not come on you may have a brake light switch that is bad. Either switch can cause the cruise control not to engage.

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Does the brake light come on when you step on the rear brake pedal or apply the front brake? If the brake light does not come on you may have a brake light switch that is bad. Either switch can cause the cruise control not to engage.
Good to know. I love this forum, Full of needful info. Thank you.

·
Registered
342 Posts
Mine didn't engage after sitting a couple of months without use. It was the set/decel button. Worked it back & forth several times and it started to work. Need to flush my buttons with silcone spray.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Had trouble on my 06 and found it to be the clutch lever. Ware on the piece that rotates. Push the lever forward and engage the cruise control to see if it sets. Then replace that piece or shim it. Don't know what it is called. Why are mine always wierd problems. Loose nut on the saddle I guess.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.