Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 1999 GL1500 SE. On my way to work this morning I tried to set the cruise control and it wouldn't engage. I generally leave the cruise control button in the on position and when ready I push the set button. When I hit the set button this morning the indicator light would come on but would go off when I let go of the button. I pushed the cruise control (power) button hoping to reset it. When I pushed the power button again the indicator light would come on only while holding the button in. In playing with it I found that if I held the power button in and pushed the set button it would engage and hold speed but as soon as I released the power button it would disengage.

I'm thinking the power switch needs to be replaced but wanted to see if anyone out there had any other ideas or experience concerning this problem. Any help will be appreciated.

Darrell

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cruise Control Problem

Carl,
While I thought your suggestion was too easy, I did happen to have some contact cleaner in the garage. I took it apart and sprayed the heck out of everything. Used a little compressed air to dry things out, put it back together and took a test drive. It works perfectly!

Thanks so much for the advise. You saved me a trip to the dealer and some good money.

THANKS!!!

Darrell

·
Premium Member
294 Posts
Carl,
While I thought your suggestion was too easy, I did happen to have some contact cleaner in the garage. I took it apart and sprayed the heck out of everything. Used a little compressed air to dry things out, put it back together and took a test drive. It works perfectly!

Thanks so much for the advise. You saved me a trip to the dealer and some good money.

THANKS!!!

Darrell
Same thing happened to my Old Wing but it was the reverse button I used WD 40 and it fixed it for awhile, but had to end up buying a new controler Thank God I had extended Warranty,If I remember it would of costed me around 125.00 for the part .

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
dsimons
One of our Pastors just took over lead Pastor at Lee's sumnmit Baptist Church.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts