Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Bob. I have the F. Harmon videos. I'll take a view of his method of addressing the lag issue later this morning. Right now it's still o' dark thirty. For the moment all I have found is this :
Use the idle control method, it worked for me,
Remove the top cover to show the cruise adjuster.
Loosen the lock nut. Start the bike.
Wind the long adjuster out until the idle speed goes up. then back off till idle goes back to normal.
Wind it back in 1/2 to 3/4 of a turn. should be enough to return idle to normal
Do up the lock nut.
Replace the top cover.
Go ride.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Ok, not sure what is meant by "top cover"?
Is that the meter panel?
Hang on Bob. I'm going to put in F. Harmons video. Fred is painful to watch as he takes a long way around getting to his point. I can tell you this. I had my complete top shelter off to change the air filter and saw the CC link and control unit in question. Just can't remember if it was visible with just the meter panel off.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Well, Bob. Fred has the entire top shelter off doing this and that and this chapter starts out with him saying " One of the things we can do right now while the top shelter is off is the Cruise Control adjustment....." Unless someone has a short hand way of getting to it I would wait until you have the air filter change to do.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well that will be due in about 2 thousand miles, I am heading to Savannah next weekend and wanted to get it done before then. The other post said it could be done with the meter panel off, just hard to get to.

So what are the cables under the right engine cover? When I turn the throttle they do not move so I was thinking it had something to do with the CC.

Since it is raining all day I might try to tackle it anyway.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
So what are the cables under the right engine cover? When I turn the throttle they do not move so I was thinking it had something to do with the CC..
I know of that cable of which you speak but I am ignorant as to what it actuates. I'll check the Service Manual.

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Based on the picture that I see the two cables running along the frame on the right side are for the Reverse Shift. One pushes and the other pulls and vice verse. Hit the reverse switch and feel for any movement.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Ok, followed the instructions. Peeled back the plastic and there it was, hard part was getting the wrenches in there to break the lock nut loose. It looks like I turned it about 3 turns, rain quit so out for a spin.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
WOW!!! What a diifference. Such a little adjustment makes a huge difference.

Between this and the throttle adjustment it makes the ride so much more enjoyable.

Now if I could just get my backrest square to my body!!

·
Premium Member
24,120 Posts
Savannah here we come! So you accomplished it with least amount of dis-assembly. That's a sure sign of a Master Mechanic.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts