Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2006 GL1800P. I bought it used with about 3,000 miles on it. I tried to set the cruise control today and the on/off button does not seem to work. When I press the button in, the cruise control lights up on the dash but the button will not stay in and the light comes off. I can not set the cruise.

Any thoughts?

Jim

·
Registered
39 Posts
Cruise

Good day! The switch should stay engaged. You can try opening the switch halves and spray a lubricant into the cruise switch. Maybe? If that doesn't work, I'ld check to see if there is any warranty left on your wing. Being an 06 there is a good chance there is some warranty left on it. (3 years) Then get it replaced if needed. The handle bar switches are a little pricey. Keep cruising!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Definitely check for warranty on the switch. On my 2003, I had opened up and cleaned and sprayed with lub., still didn't work. Finally replaced ($380.00 Cdn Dollar).

·
Registered
129 Posts
Has the cruise ever worked for you before? The reason I ask is there are two switches needed to turn it on and set it. The top switch turns the system on then when you reach the speed you want you press and release the set/coast switch. That's the one on the right side of the switch pod under the resume/accel switch.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts