Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My cruise has been working intermitently.The Cruise light would come on but wouldn't set. After reading shop manual I checked the switches on clutch,brake ,etc.The one on the clutch is working but there is play in the lever.When released it has about 1/4 inch of travel and this is enough to not engage the switch. If I hold it forward it works until released. So is there a way to adjust or do I try a new lever. Is this lever play normal in 1500's.I'm temped to just bypass the switch. Yea I know that s not the right way to do it:D. Anyone else have this problem or any advise. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
7,671 Posts
There's a good chance the bushing in the lever is worn.
I have the problem where the front brake light switch keeps the brake lights on if I don't push the lever forward. I'm going to replace both levers with a new set.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
As trikelady said, replace the levers and you will be O.K., there is a brass bushing in the lever that gets worn down.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks, I hope that will fix it.On the plus side it gives me a reason to add some nice chrome levers:D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just to follow up on this. I ordered levers from Wing Stuff. Received them today.Very nice. Install was easy and it did get my cruise working however I noticed the brass bushing that works the clutch push rod was very worn. So I ordered one from another sight. If anyone else replaces levers be sure to get this $10 bushing. In the future I am going to pull both levers and grease pins and bushings when I change oil.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Just to follow up on this. I ordered levers from Wing Stuff. Received them today.Very nice. Install was easy and it did get my cruise working however I noticed the brass bushing that works the clutch push rod was very worn. So I ordered one from another sight. If anyone else replaces levers be sure to get this $10 bushing. In the future I am going to pull both levers and grease pins and bushings when I change oil.
Good points, thanks. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts