Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seems I have developed a small problem and I want to see if anyone else has ever encountered this. Bike is 07, and this problem developed in the middle of a 2000 mile trip. Drove up to Colorado and no problem, bike sat in a garage for a week and upon starting, running and engaging the Cruise , the problem was there.

Problem: When the Cruise is set, I am hearing the Speed Sensor pulses in my headsets. You can actually hear the pulses increase and decrease as the cruise works. I have turned everything off, (Radio, CB, Intercom) and as long as I do not set the cruise, it is quiet. Push the Set Cruise button and here comes the pulses. Not real loud, but loud enough to know they are there. They can be drowned out by turning up the radio pretty loud on a good solid station. Cruise works fine, and all cut-off functions work good. Disengage the cruise with any of them and the pulses go away. Resume and here they come again. They start(low speed) as individual low frequency clicks and as speed increases they increase to a low frequency buzz. Sounds like you have a bee in your ear doing wind sprints.

Absolutely nothing has been added to the bike or fiddled with before or after the problem appeared. So, I was just wondering if anyone had encountered this and if so, what was your fix. Trying to get an idea of where to start looking since the Service Manual and troubleshooting manual don't cover a problem like this. I know its probably a ground problem but since there are only about 9 gillion on the bike, a starting place would be appreciated and I hope that somebody has had this problem before. Thanks...Isaac

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Sounds like ignition noise, but with the cruise on only, presents a difficult diagnosis. Does it do it in the speakers or just the headsets?

·
Registered
5,005 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like ignition noise, but with the cruise on only, presents a difficult diagnosis. Does it do it in the speakers or just the headsets?
I can't answer that as I only had a helmet on and never tried speaker. It's definately the Speed sensor as you can hear it null out on level ground and go up and down with the activation of the Cruise Control. If it was ignition noise it would vary with RPM but the RPM's are steady. It's the darndest thing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts