Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the cruise control button on my 2002 wing sticks in the on position. Is there a easy fix to this I have sprayed it with contact cleaner. did not help

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
Are you talking about the CRUISE ON button or the SET button? If it's the CURISE ON button don't worry about it, I turn mine on when I buy my bike and never turn it off, there is no reason to, if it the CRUISE SET button then if spraying it with contact cleaner didn't work try pushing it in slowly and releasing it slowly, if nothing works than it looks like you will have to carefully take it apart and clean it.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Joe I'm talking the cruise on off button. If it will not bother to leave it on I will not worry about it

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
It won't hurt a thing and all you have to do is hit the SET button and you set!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Cruise Button

Joe is right,

Mine has been stuck on for over a year now. Tried the contact cleaner and no joy. Has not been a problem.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Joe is right, but at night I find it annoying to have the red text lit up that states the Cruise control is turned on. I have to push the switcha dozen times to make it turn off. I have removed the switch 3 times and cleaned it all but it still sticks.. Does anyone have a part number for just the switch? I suspect the new one will fail very quickly but I would still be interested in changing it if possible.
Gary

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Joe is right, but at night I find it annoying to have the red text lit up that states the Cruise control is turned on. I have to push the switcha dozen times to make it turn off. I have removed the switch 3 times and cleaned it all but it still sticks.. Does anyone have a part number for just the switch? I suspect the new one will fail very quickly but I would still be interested in changing it if possible.
Gary
Check out this link. You can find all kinds of OEM replacement parts.

http://www.bikebandit.com/sem/t4/honda-motorcycle-parts?WT.mc_id=820478&WT.srch=1

·
Registered
108 Posts
Had the same problem on my 94 Aspencade. It was always worse in cold weather so I pulled the switch apart & cleaned all the grease out of the switch. Put in new dielectric grease that was not as thick & reassembled switch. Working ok now. You can find the dielectric grease at most hardware stores & auto parts stores.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cruise control button won't release.

If you press the cruise control on/off button SLOWLY from the bottom edge until it stops, then slowly let it return, it should turn off the cruise control.

It worked on a friends 02that was on since he bought it.

Good Luck

Bub's Dad

·
Registered
4 Posts
Cruise Control Button Stuck On

I tried using contact cleaner on my stuck cruise control on/off switch and it didnt help. But I was successful when i used a contact lubricant that I got at radio shack. I first used the contact cleaner spray and then the lubricant. Works just fine now.

·
Administrator
26,266 Posts
You also need to get the 'gunk' out that causes the sticking in the first place. A can of compressed air (Radio Shack) after the cleaner usually helps blow the foreign material out with the cleaner. Then use the contact lube and you should be good for quite a while.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting to see all the comments on stuck buttons. Sometime ago the cruise control switch on my 2003 Goldwing stuck in the on position. I found a slot in the bottom of the button that allowed me to pull it back out, but now it will not reengage. Great!!!! I hope to find some answers here on this forum. I do have a service manual which I am hoping will show me how to get to the switch. I am also looking for advice on how to replace the switch. I hope to find that information in this forum. Cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.