Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This doesn't fall under recent rides since it hasn't happened yet however I plotted out the trip for next year if anyone is interested. Maybe we can ride a few miles together 9000+ in all.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry guys some how the file didn't compress properly. Hopefully someone out there can tell me (computer Dumb) what I did wrong.

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let's try this one.

HELP GUYS!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Still can't open. Keep trying...

·
Registered
143 Posts
If you have windows xp, right click on the original file, then go to properties, then click on advanced, then put a check mark in compress contents to save disk space. That should do it. Linden

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Linden, I'll try that tonignt at home.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Sorry wrong info, right click on original file, go to sendto, then compressed file

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I'm Not Sure Hope This Works

Let's Try One More Time

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
So how long will this trip take? Been to some of your destination points.

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Two Wheel targeting 4 weeks but probably going to go to 5 weeks in the end.

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
I'll take Puyallup to Seattle with you. :)

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll take Puyallup to Seattle with you.
Sounds like a plan Linden. I think it would be cool :cool: to ride a bit with all the guys on the site.

Seattle just happens to be somwhere wife wants to go. Do the tourist stuff. You know Needle, Underground Seatlle yada yada. If you happen to know anything else that is cool let me know.

So where do I sign up..
Two Wheel figure out how far you want to go.:D

·
Super Moderator
9,843 Posts
Which direction are you going first? Northern or Southern.

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Southern run 1st working CW. Alternate route possibly down to Nashville & back up 81

·
Registered
143 Posts
Bill, I know Seattle and surrounding area quit well, I will be happy to show you around (waterfront, restaurants, etc. Also Boeing flight museum if you have time. Linden

·
Super Moderator
14,409 Posts
Bill,
I’m new to the group but live in central Mississippi where you will be passing by. I’ve worked all over the south but mostly in Mississippi and Louisiana. If you need any advice on the area or help along the way let me know. The GWRRA groups in Mississippi are very active and always willing to help a traveler. Is that the Natchez Trace Parkway from Tennessee to Mississippi? The Vicksburg military park is a great place to visit. Very nice loop ride through the park, be sure to visit the USS Cairo exhibit.
Mark

·
Super Moderator
28,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Mark, thanks for the offer of info I may take you up on it. Yes, we will be riding a part of the Natchez & we planned on the loop ride in Vicksburg, I drive my wife crazy with Civil War stuff, or The War of Northern Agression :) whichever you prefer. I did not know of USS Cairo, I may check it out. We plan on heading down 61 through Natchez to Baton Rouge. Any thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
14,409 Posts
Bill,
I’ve visited most of the Civil War sites in the west, but not many in the eastern theater. You will be passing close to Shiloh which is a good park but if your wife is like mine there is a limit to how much you can see (she will put up with) at one time.
Sad to say, I have not been down Hwy 61 for a while. It should be a very nice ride but will get very busy at Baton Rouge. I would suggest you take the ferry across the river at St. Francisville then the New River Road (415) down to 190 and into Baton Rouge or to I-10.
Mark

1 - 20 of 31 Posts