Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just recently became a Wing owner. i'm not sure if any of this makes sence.When I turn on my key everything lights up on dash.Then when I push starter the headlight goes out and bike turns over.Will not turn over with kill switch off.Will not turn over in gear with clutch pulled in and kick stand up.Bike won't start now.If I keep trying soon all dash lights will go out when pushing starter.Once the starter just kept turning over even when I let off button and turned key off. I've had it running since then and it ran great.By the way my Wing is a 1997 GL1500 Aspencade. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

·
Super Moderator
12,268 Posts
Part of your problem is the solenoid (starter relay). I would also have the battery load tested.

·
Super Moderator
15,159 Posts
hello jsnouffer, welcome to GWOF

·
Super Moderator
7,602 Posts
i just recently became a Wing owner. i'm not sure if any of this makes sence.When I turn on my key everything lights up on dash.Then when I push starter the headlight goes out and bike turns over.Will not turn over with kill switch off.Will not turn over in gear with clutch pulled in and kick stand up.Bike won't start now.If I keep trying soon all dash lights will go out when pushing starter.Once the starter just kept turning over even when I let off button and turned key off. I've had it running since then and it ran great.By the way my Wing is a 1997 GL1500 Aspencade. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
The dash indicator lights come on briefly and then go out, that's normal.
The headlight does go off for starting and then comes back on once bike is running.
With the 'Kill Switch' in the 'off' position the starter turns but there is no ignition. Side stand and clutch switch are one circuit on the schematic. One or both may be worn or dirty.

How old is battery?
Load Test?
Make sure battery cables are clean and tight?

Replace relay 'A' along side battery.

·
Banned
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks

thanks to everybody for the quick reply.Never really been involved in a forum.Really nice to have a place like this to turn to.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.