Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Bobo's carbs are all rebuilt now, they were the worst I've ever seen, let alone worked on.

The fuel filter was packed with dried junk, and it's not hard to imagine that the fuel tank was in the same state. Sure enough, the worst looking inside I've ever seen on a motorcycle tank; but no rust on the outside. I'm thinking sandblasting or the old water/sand mixture shaken (not stirred) around and around to remove the scale/rust/crap from the inside of the tank, followed by whatever that stuff is called that seals the inside of the tank. I used it on my '80 Suzuki GS850GL and never had any problems.

And, first, I need to do the timing belts. Still don't have a manual, so anybody know the NAPA/Gates belts that are used on an '83 GL1100 SE? Appreciate your help.

·
Registered
334 Posts
Kevin try these numbers Gates #5119 or T274 also Napa #250274 Goodyear # 40274 And if you would like a good cross reference list for a lot more stuff log on to Goldwing docs .com look under the tech. talk there is a very good cross over list there. Hal

·
Super Moderator
15,167 Posts
if you go on napa's web site they list the number, just look up your motorcycle

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the input on belts, Gents!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.