Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought a 1985 GL 1200a. I have changed all fluids out, cleaned air filter, changed spark plugs. i took off the crank filter and it was full of water even over flowing backed up on the tube. There is no telling how long since it was cleaned. Is it normal to have water in this filter and what causes it. Any help would be greatful.Doug

·
Registered
263 Posts
Welcome Smutley,sounds to me like this bike did a lot of very short trip driving,the oil not getting hot enough to rid itself of condensation.How did the oil look when you drained it? Possibly a little milky looking? Even if not, i think i would change oil again a bit early the next time just to be on the safe side. Any pics of your new ride? Ride often and Safe. Ken 94SE

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
yours hasn't been drained in a very long time. i drain mine whin i do oil changes

·
Registered
15 Posts
It also gets a lot of water if you ride in the rain a lot (like me). Some even drill a tiny hole in the bottom and let it drip out but then, it's a Honda and we don't like drips, do we?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the same problem with a 1984 1200 do you get lots of water coming out of the tube that goes in the top of the air filter?I pulled the valve covers off and inside was all white with cream and I mean white.more to follow on this as im working on it later today.

·
Super Moderator
15,237 Posts
its the crankcase breather and has to be drained and if it were backed up into the valve covers i would change the engine oil as well as flush the engine with seafoam or mmo

1 - 6 of 6 Posts