Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
On Tuesday I was doing my daily browse of Craig's list and came upon a Pitbull Motorcycle lift for sale about 30 miles up the road for me. I called the woman & I said if it works I'll take it. So today, the wife and I took a ride & checked it out. It was sitting on a dirt floor of a garage. I tried it out & it worked great. So $70.00 later, I am a proud owner of a GREAT M/C Lift!! Woohoo!

Mark

Here's some pic's.....comparing the Craftsman jack I have with the Pitbull. Wow what a difference!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Some people have all the luck. :(

:D

·
Premium Member
16,742 Posts
Tell you what I'll give $50.00 for of course you gotta cover the shipping.:rolleyes:

The pit bull is a great unit.
Oh you better jump on that $50.00 offer.

·
Super Moderator
9,993 Posts
Nice find Mark..

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
What does the Pitbull do that the Craftsman won't ?
Well....

Pitbulls bark, play & sometimes are considered nasty.

Craftsman typically are talented individuals albeit a bit egocentric, costly & somewhat hornery if their abilities are ever questioned.

So as you can see they are totally different with the exception of the nastiness.

:D:D:D:rolleyes:

Hope this helps my friend.

Very Nice Find Mark, Congrats.

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
With your description, I must be a Pitbull Craftsman! :eek:

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
Well....

Craftsman typically are talented individuals albeit a bit egocentric, costly & somewhat hornery if their abilities are ever questioned.

So as you can see they are totally different with the exception of the nastiness.

Why do I feel like I have just been enlightened by darkness.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
What does the Pitbull do that the Craftsman won't ?
Lee,

The Pitbull is steadier than the Craftsman. My Craftsman doesn't pump up all the way anymore, and it's only 2 years old. I tried to get a replacement bottle for it and can't find one for it. The Pitbull has a lifetime warranty the Craftsman only one.

Is it worth the difference in cost? That's up to you.....$489.00 plus $94.00 shipping to me is too much. But to find it locally for less than a new Craftsman.....that's well "priceless"!

Mark

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Well....

Now that's funny right there.............:D

Mark

·
Super Moderator
12,266 Posts
Mark, you just need to top off the fluid in the bottle. Hydraulic jack oil or automatic transmission fluid will work.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mark, you just need to top off the fluid in the bottle. Hydraulic jack oil or automatic transmission fluid will work.
Thanks Tank...I'll try that & see if it works....If it does the trick I'll be selling it.

Mark

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
What kind of work do you do on your bike to need a jack ?
Lee,

Oil changes, tires, brakes, Pretty much anything....I put it on the jack & can sit on a stool instead of the floor. It's much easier on my knees & back.

Mark

·
Premium Member
24,115 Posts
Lee,

Oil changes, tires, brakes, Pretty much anything....I put it on the jack & can sit on a stool instead of the floor. It's much easier on my knees & back.

Mark
Coming off that VTX , the center stand on the Wing was a built in jack stand to me.

·
Premium Member
6,711 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Coming off that VTX , the center stand on the Wing was a built in jack stand to me.
You can't pull the front wheel on the center stand....

Mark

·
Administrator
28,996 Posts
Pull the front wheel off ? Am I supposed to do that? If I had a garage, I would probably have one.
I know a place where you can get a good deal on the door.;)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts