Honda Goldwing Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Today I rode part of the Alabama Covered Bridge Trail. I made it 4 bridges. They were really cool, however, vehicles weren't allowed on any them.
1. Horton Mill Bridge - built in 1934.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 · (Edited)
2. Easley Bridge - built in 1929. The road to this bridge was a rough run but turned into a pretty nice ride.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
3. Swann Bridge - this one was a great bridge. 300 ft. The longest in Alabama. Bad news though...you have to walk about 1/4 mile to see it. No trespassing signs. Very hard to get the bike in and out.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
4. Clarkson Bridge....this was by far the best. The city of Cullman has done a nice job with the restoration of this bridge and the area around it.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
A few more of Clarkson Bridge and surrounding area.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
Gee REF. If I had known you were a Covered Bridge lover I would have had you stop by this one off I81 on your way up to my place:

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)
A few more

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Premium Member
24,123 Posts
I don't understand why the pics are so small. Gordo has these mondo pics....I will try to fix it
I didn't want to say anything. I brought it up on Eric's thread and someone told me to put on my spectacles, or sit closer to the monitor.

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
I don't understand why the pics are so small. Gordo has these mondo pics....I will try to fix it
Because I took basic iPhone 101

Sent from my iPhone using Motorcycle

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Because I took basic iPhone 101

I noticed you don't share that info.....I swear on your life Gordo....I will get those photos fixed.

·
Super Moderator
12,267 Posts
Please, hard to see for those of us that are 'visually challenged'.

I don't understand why you needed to walk to Swann Bridge, if it is part of a trail?

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't understand why you needed to walk to Swann Bridge, if it is part of a trail?
There was a Road Block with a fence and chains plus No Trespassing signs. The Wing wasn't going down the road to the Bridge. Had to leave it behind.:(

·
Premium Member
5,432 Posts
If you want I can call you and tell you?

·
Premium Member
7,121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·

·
Administrator
29,019 Posts
Nice pictures :) looks like you had a good day

·
Premium Member
6,720 Posts
That's great Phil, I need to show these pictures to the wife, she LOVES covered bridges. You might see us next spring/or summer on a weekend trip.

Mark

·
Registered
2 Posts
I loved seeing those bridges. On my annual trip this summer I was on a rural road in northern CA. and came across a road named Twelve Bridges. I was ripping along and couldn't react in time and it was about a mile before it was safe to make a u=turn. I did, went back and rode the entire road. Not a single bridge. Go figure.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts