Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. My hazard light button is sticking and requires force to bring it. I read a note in Wing World that said to use a Silicon Lube Spray to help with sticky buttons.
Q: Have any of you used this and where would I find it?

2. My Aux. driving lights do not work. The switch will not light up as well.
Q: Would this be a fuse or something worse.

Remember both switches are on the same panel of controls.

Thanks in advance

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Radio Shack sells an aerosol can of electrical contact cleaner / lubricant that works great. I had problems with my starter button and it immediately solved it. I use it on all of my handlebar switches and cleaned out a fuse holder when I replaced a fuse.

Also, I was having troubles with a headset going on and off and I took apart the connections and sprayed this contact cleaner in it....end of issue.

For $10 it saved me about $1,000 in repair costs. (just estimating the labor rate for the local stealer)

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what i'm looking for...Glad you were online!!! Thanks for the reply:)

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
What Larry said, Contact Cleaner has solved many a Switch problem. Might want to put some paper towels under where you spray. Use the little tube that comes with the can, spray around all side while working the switch. Some nasty stuff can wash out.
From the Northwest Corner.
Ron

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Ron....Do I take the panel off or spray with the panel on???
BTW - How is Betty handling the new hip...I hope well:)

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
First the Betty issue, It is amazing how well she is doing in just under two weeks. Still will be about 10 weeks till she will be allowed to do most anything, but she is healing well, got the staples out, and is getting around the house well.
Now the switch issue. First Both Larry and I are riding 1500 so most of our stuff is on the bars. Is the switch in that panel on the left side of the fairing about where you knee is ?. If so, I'm not sure how well it will drain, so you might want to get it loose so you can turn it face down to drian the wash out. Also Radio Shack sells canned Air. You can use that to blow the wash out after the switch is freed up.
Maybe somebody can help with how to get the panel out.
Best of Luck and keep us posted.
From the Northwest Corner
Ron

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Glad to here she is doing good....She will be ready to go in no time.

Yes the panel is above the knee. I will take it apart and clean it.
I appreciate all the info.

·
Registered
2,835 Posts
You can get these switches from Radio Shack and they will fit

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Wow!!! Thanks for that Joe. This may come in handy.:)

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Alrighty boys I owe you big time....I got the contact cleaner from Radio Shack and cleaned all of buttons and switches. I am thrilled to report that the driving lights work, hazard button is slick as well as my mute button. Awesome job!!! No telling what it would have cost me. OH!! No!!! Don't even think about sending me a bill....:D
Thanks again guys
Much Love:)

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
Don't you just love it when things work out.:rolleyes:
How about a cup of coffee is that to much to ask ?????;)

Ron

·
Premium Member
7,205 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A cup would be excellent. I hope you and I can sit down one day over that cup!!!!
Thanks again:)

·
Premium Member
17,147 Posts
A cup would be excellent. I hope you and I can sit down one day over that cup!!!!
Thanks again:)
I will be looking forward to that.
You ever get up here into the Northwest corner, you are welcome here.
Ron

1 - 13 of 13 Posts