Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Broke down and took the wing out for a little ride today. I've been puttering around getting a few things done over the last few days (belly pan, changed the brake fluid and did a few other odds and ends) all the while watching the roads dry up. Today I installed a brake light modulator and decided enough was enough. It was only 43F (6C) but with the seat and grip heaters on I was comfortable enough. Tomorrow is to be a bit warmer so hopefully I can get out again for a little longer; and next weekend is to be up to 54F (12C), woo hoo. Now if they would just get a move on and clean up the sand and gravel...

·
Premium Member
1,977 Posts
I have a couple of buddys that have been riding through out this amazing winter (or lack of a real winter). I've been holding tight because of the salt mostly. We are having the first official club ride today but I don't believe there will be much of a turn out. I'm working all day so I'll have to find out later today.

·
Registered
751 Posts
I live in Florida we only had about 1/2 hour of winter time the coldest it got was around 40 and yes the heaters make a world of difference. I could not imagine having a Wing in my garage and not be able to use it for that long.

·
Administrator
25,901 Posts
You're a lucky guy Kerry. I can still run the snowmobile down the lane to the highway from my house:eek:It'll be after we get back from vacation in the Caymans before I get on the bike in early April.

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You're a lucky guy Kerry. I can still run the snowmobile down the lane to the highway from my house:eek:It'll be after we get back from vacation in the Caymans before I get on the bike in early April.

Ok, well, I was feeling bad for you till that Caymans part, LOL.

·
Registered
751 Posts
Ok, well, I was feeling bad for you till that Caymans part, LOL.
I stopped feeling bad at the snow mobile how cool-fun is that!!!

·
Registered
71 Posts
Well took the wing out fro a short ride yesterday....... wow a LOT of sand/pea gravel down. Thought about riding to work today ....not happening.I guess we will wait a little longer. My only concern is that during the last city budget they were looking at ways to save and one of the plans was to cut back or cut out spring street cleaning!!!!!
I think we need to put each of theses councilors on a bike and let them see how dangerous it is!!!

·
Administrator
25,901 Posts
Mayor Steve and his underlings haven't got the where-with-all to be responsible enough to control a bike on clear roads never mind Edmonton's spring conditions. You have to remember this is the same council that has alienated Edmonton from every rural community by closing down the City Centre Airport. I hope they all sleep well when the corporate folk all relocate to Calgary, and some of the outlying airfields like Josephburg and Villenueve like Canadian Helicopters are considering. What about the medivac patients that get airlifted to YEG and start dropping off due to complications in the wheeled ambulances during the hour drive to the UNI or the Alex? I thought the Queen of Green was a doofus, but she's an Einstein compared to these clowns. They'd rather waste time on real important stuff like 30 metre no smoking policies:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,989 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well took the wing out fro a short ride yesterday....... wow a LOT of sand/pea gravel down. Thought about riding to work today ....not happening.I guess we will wait a little longer. My only concern is that during the last city budget they were looking at ways to save and one of the plans was to cut back or cut out spring street cleaning!!!!!
I think we need to put each of theses councilors on a bike and let them see how dangerous it is!!!
I hadn't heard that they were considering this. Good grief! You'd think after last year's damage that was done to the streets due to the huge amount of snow and (presumably) allowing it to be stockpiled in the curb lanes they'd realize they'd better start taking care of what's left of the roads!

Mayor Steve and his underlings haven't got the where-with-all to be responsible enough to control a bike on clear roads never mind Edmonton's spring conditions. You have to remember this is the same council that has alienated Edmonton from every rural community by closing down the City Centre Airport. I hope they all sleep well when the corporate folk all relocate to Calgary, and some of the outlying airfields like Josephburg and Villenueve like Canadian Helicopters are considering. What about the medivac patients that get airlifted to YEG and start dropping off due to complications in the wheeled ambulances during the hour drive to the UNI or the Alex? I thought the Queen of Green was a doofus, but she's an Einstein compared to these clowns. They'd rather waste time on real important stuff like 30 metre no smoking policies:rolleyes:
Now Budoka, don't hold back, tell us how you really feel :D

1 - 10 of 10 Posts