Honda Goldwing Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, I was looking through all of my paperwork and it turns out I got an even better deal than I thought! Before my warranty and extras I bought, I got the base 2010 GL1800 for only $19997, including all of the fees and tax and everything! Anyone need lessons on how to negotiate?!?!? :)

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
If you knew it was going to be so cheap, you could have bought 2..... LOL

·
Premium Member
23,775 Posts
I would like to negotiate a few purchases. I'll give you my wife's cell number and you can do the talking for me.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I got my new base model prem. audio '08 model in Dec. of '08 out the door (tax, licence, fees, etc.) for about $18,300. I could have done a little better (espically if I had of got a black one). I know the did add about $1000 across the board to all models in 2010.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've seen 2010 models new advertised for $17,500. W/extra $1000. for accessories.
This is the OUT THE DOOR price, including tax, tag, title, freight, prep, doc, etc. The advertised prices are the top line price before the dealers add on all of the fees. AT MSRP the out the door price seems to be right between 25,000 and 26,000. And yes, back a year or two ago you could get an '08 for right around $18,000 out the door...but not any more. Trust me, if a dealer is advertising $17500 then they are most definitely just doing an advertising trick. I spent a month or two researching this and asked the opinions of a lot of people. I have not heard of anyone getting one for cheaper than I did. The MSRP before any taxes or fees is $22899!!! Like many were saying, this is the best touring bike you can ever own so it is worth every dollar of the 22899, but if you can save a ton of cash and get it for under 20000 out the door, absolutely by all means go for it!

I already have 500 miles on mine!

·
Registered
14 Posts
Good Deals

Two weeks ago I bought a 2008 Pearl White ABS with 850 miles - $16K and no taxes. I thought I did okay. Had it triked for another $13.5 and I'm happy.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just bought a brand new leftover 2010 Level 1 bike (Premium Audio/Comfort) in Metallic Black (Yellow was the same price, no other colors availale) for $17989 (Out the door $19303.85). Also got 0.99% financing and $1000 of free accessories. Found an internet ad from a local dealer for this price including free shipping and no setup charge, took it to my favorite dealer and he matched the price.
I had been waiting for the 2012 Goldwing to be released but really don't like the new styling. I just couldn't pass up such a great deal. Good deals are out there, you just have to look.

·
Super Moderator
9,855 Posts
Rick53, congrats on your new Wing and welcome to the GWOF from Pennsylvania. Where do you call home? Enjoy the forum and ride safe..

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just bought a brand new leftover 2010 Level 1 bike (Premium Audio/Comfort) in Metallic Black (Yellow was the same price, no other colors availale) for $17989 (Out the door $19303.85). Also got 0.99% financing and $1000 of free accessories. Found an internet ad from a local dealer for this price including free shipping and no setup charge, took it to my favorite dealer and he matched the price.
I had been waiting for the 2012 Goldwing to be released but really don't like the new styling. I just couldn't pass up such a great deal. Good deals are out there, you just have to look.
That's an incredible deal. Does that price include tax, tag, and title? What percentage is the tax where you bought it and how much is the tag/title fee? Just curious...I don't like to ever get out bargained!!! I like to consider myself the best!!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Sorry, I wasn't trying to out-do you, I was just pointing out that there are still some really good deals on leftover 2010's.
Sales tax in Orlando is 6.5%, Dealer fee was $199, and Tag/Title was $124. I traded in my 1998 Valkyrie Tourer that I had owned since new. I miss my old baby, but I was pleasantly surprised at how much better the wing handles compared to the Valkyrie.

·
Registered
405 Posts
I got my new base model prem. audio '08 model in Dec. of '08 out the door (tax, licence, fees, etc.) for about $18,300. I could have done a little better (espically if I had of got a black one). I know the did add about $1000 across the board to all models in 2010.[/QUOTE

That's what I gave for my base model '08 also. I thought I could have done 2 or 3 hundred better also if I had looked around a little.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Future of Wing's in the States

What do you think the current shipping crisis and nuclear issues in Japan will affect the availability of Wings in the States for the 2012 model year? Especially since Honda quit making the Wing in the States?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.