Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let me start by saying I’m still considered a cycle newbie (only 5 years) and my first bike was a 2008 Vstar without a windshield. Loved the bike but felt I was getting blown over the entire road without that protection. It’s fun at slower speeds but on the highway whew it’s somewhat crazy. When I bought my 2012 GW I was excited about having a windshield having more stability and protection.
My question now is what’s the proper height for the rider? I haven’t changed the height since i purchased but noticed that I can view right above the top of shield sitting comfortably in a good posture but can also look thru the windshield if I slump over slightly. I do have room to raise it but not sure this is right height. Figured it is a personal thing but is there a standard protocol with setting the height? Thanks in advance for input.

·
Super Moderator
11,889 Posts
I've always tried to set it to reduce the buffeting, I don't care if I look over or through the shield.

Reactions: W1ngin1t

·
Registered
610 Posts
It is a personal thing play with it until you find what is right for you.

Reactions: W1ngin1t and Chopin

·
Registered
2 Posts
New here KeithW ...
Just bought a 2007 Goldwing with Hannigan Classic. I cant get the windshield to go down I have tried everything.
any suggestions?

How do I get to owner page to log in?
KeithW

·
Premium Member
23,752 Posts
New here KeithW ...
Just bought a 2007 Goldwing with Hannigan Classic. I cant get the windshield to go down I have tried everything.
any suggestions?

How do I get to owner page to log in?
KeithW
You may have an F4+4 windshield and they are not adjustable. Look for any stamp or label that might say " F4 Customs ".

·
Super Moderator
14,473 Posts
The height is whatever you decide is right for you. I like to look over the top of the windshield but that does make the wind noise louder. Try different heights and see what works best for you.

Reactions: NREMTP

·
Registered
374 Posts
If it works like the normal windshield, you have to pull it all the way to the top before the cam resets and it goes to the bottom again. The mechanism can get broken or jammed, and there are posts and articles on how to repair or replace it if that's your issue.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts