Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got my bike a couple months ago, it had the stock seat. Being that the seat was 15 years old and torn on the drivers back area, the foam was pretty none existent, just didn't work for me. Comfortable for about 30 miles then it seemed all the foam just flattened out and it felt like I was riding on the seat pan itself. Bought one of those walmart gel pads which helped a little but I wasn't satisfied.

I was trying to save for a roadsofa until I saw a corbin come up in ebay. Won the auction and received it Saturday. I was a little nervous with the corbin as many complain its too hard, etc. Well it is hard and not nearly as cushy as the stock version, however it fits my butt pretty good. After doing some maintenance work on the bike Saturday, Sunday I took the wife out for an all day ride. 3 hours to Floridas coast to do a little shopping, then 2 hours back. Gone a total of 8 hours. During the 3 hours on the way over, I was really surprised that my butt didnt get tired or have that nerve pinch feeling. I did wear jeans and I think that made things a little uncomfortable but other than that, I was fine. I wouldnt have made that on the stock seat.

Now here is the bonus, my wife was fine too! So I think it is a keeper. One thing I did notice as well. No PC way to say this, but I didnt feel as warm/sweaty down there either. I am wondering if a sheep skin cover would completely cure that.

Unfortunately the seat didnt come with a drivers backrest so I need to find one of those. I am also not sure if any hardware is needed to attach that backrest. Does it just slid in and lock in place? Have to figure that out.

Hope this helps anyone contemplating a corbin purchase. One note though. I don't think this seat is worth the $1200 asking price new. I think I would be disappointed if I paid that for it.

·
Premium Member
128 Posts
This is my second Corbin seat and will always be my first add-on any bike. They are great. I always describe it as not as comfy as the stock seat when you first sit on a new bike, but it still feels that way hours and years later. It is so much better than stock it just can’t be compaired.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
I bought one for $50 that needed a repair on the sides where one's thighs wear. I had it repaired for $125 and it is good to go. A week ago on Sunday, I was on the bike for 13 hours and it did it's job well.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
Many people think the 'firm' nature of a Corbin translates into discomfort. Totally wrong in most cases. The Corbin Dualtour is one of the most incredibly comfortable all day seats I've ever had the pleasure to live with (10 years to be exact). Everyone who sat briefly on it said how hard it was, until I let them ride it for a couple hours then they couldn't believe how it performed. I will say that Corbin does have some issues with response time and communication though. After three years on the 1800 I'm nowhere near ready to look for an alternative seat yet but I will definitely consider Corbin as on the short list if and when I do.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Late '09 I put a Corbin on my 15, a huge improvement over the stock seat that had 100K
on it and I loved it. Put about 18k on it before loosing the bike.

NO intention to hijack, but I kept the saddle off the wrecked 15, one day will get around to listing it since I can't use it on the 18.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I got a beaded seat cover from Wal Mart for 9 bucks. I was really not expecting much but I was amazed! It allows the air to circulate "down there" and keeps the area dry and cool. Looking at it, it looks uncomfortable as heck but its a joy to ride on. I have a stock seat and I was good for about 2 hours on it before the pain would set in. Im good to go for a tankfull now! Im 72 years old and dont have much padding down there anymore yet this cover works wonders for me!

Bob

1 - 7 of 7 Posts