Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have recently found a Corbin seat for sale. $50

The seat needs recovering. See below. Can this be salvaged at a reasonable price? What do you suggest.

My thinking is to buy the seat, give it a few rides and see how I like the seat and if it feels right in the tush, to have it recovered. Corbin says 75% of a new seat is the new cover costs. This seems kind of high.

I wonder if others have had any success using a upholstery person on this type of situation.

Buy a new factory seat for $325.... Road Sofa for $550 or... have this recovered. These are my options so far.

·
Super Moderator
7,667 Posts
A good upholstery shop should be able to fix it.
Price isn't bad either, I paid $100.00 for the one I have and it's a bit worn.

·
Super Moderator
9,851 Posts
Okay, Larry you opened yourself up for this one..... Why don't you have it covered in a "car tire".....LOL...

Seriously, a good upholstery shop should be able to cover that seat. You might want to have them check the foam while they have the cover off since what is there may be "well worn". A good shop can make it look and feel like new....

·
Super Moderator
15,238 Posts
Okay, Larry you opened yourself up for this one..... Why don't you have it covered in a "car tire".....LOL...

Seriously, a good upholstery shop should be able to cover that seat. You might want to have them check the foam while they have the cover off since what is there may be "well worn". A good shop can make it look and feel like new....
i hear that the radials last longer than the bias ply seat covers:D on a more serious note, i need to have the seat on the 1200 wing recovered and the places i,ve been to want right around $300. there is a saddleman seat for $340 on ebay right now so why would i recover my old seat whin for a few bucks more i could have a new one

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

Are you jack knifing my thread into a car tire theme? Well.... there goes the neighborhood.

·
Registered
157 Posts
that is a crobin dual tourer. Some like it some do not.
I think giving a try is a good way to save some $$$ if ya like it.
Several places will recover it a lot less than corbin will.
dd

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
that is a crobin dual tourer. Some like it some do not.
I think giving a try is a good way to save some $$$ if ya like it.
Several places will recover it a lot less than corbin will.
dd
I bought it, installed it and rode 50 miles on it today. I like the back support and the fit. Gonna have it repaired.

·
Administrator
26,270 Posts
I had Corbin seats on my ST and Vulcan (dual tour on the Vulc, Canyon dual sport on the ST) and I have one on the RC. Had 10 years on the Vulcan of absolute bliss. Changed the ST from a half hour seat monkey butt PITA to an all day comfort perch. Makes a huge difference on the RC but the stock seat on it was a terrible joke.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I ordered a Hartco seat cover today for my stock seat and I am going to send this over to Rich's Motorcycle Seats in Kingston WA for a complete new cover.

·
Premium Member
432 Posts
Im not a corbin fan. I have sat on a few corbin seats, none on a Wing and every corbin seat feels to me exactly like sitting on a 2 x 8 plank. I would look elsewhere, even for 50$. Paying a low price won't make it comfortable. I covered my stock seat with 1" of shearling wool (it was sewn by a pro) and it is very comfortable. Cost more but comfortable.

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Saturday, I get my Corbin back and I get my Hartco cover on Tuesday. I am leaving on a 1800 mile ride on Wednesday.

Not sure how it will pan out but I have a few days of trying out the Corbin before I leave on my trip. So far, I have enjoyed the difference between the Corbin and the stock seat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts