Honda Goldwing Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to drain, flush and refill coolant on my 1993 GL1500 with 51,000 miles on it. I got the bike 4 years ago with around 20,000 miles then. I am looking for help with suggestions on step by step and things that may cause problems. Are hoses or any other parts something I should consider changing. Any help would be appreciated.

·
Super Moderator
7,666 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum.
You may want to pressure check the cap and system.

·
Registered
240 Posts
Eather there is air in system or the thermostat got stuck closed . assuming that it ran ok and the electric fan is working before you changed fluid. If it sat ,change thermostat could have got stuck closed or rusted.. Or if you want to you can take out the thermostat and check if it over heats if it dosent thats it .If not water pump could be NG . to check system you need to get a radiator pressure tester auto zone will loan you one with deposit. It fits on where the cap goes, than you pump up by hand (no more than 20 lbs) if there is a leak you will see it. Good luck Welcome to the forum

·
Super Moderator
28,449 Posts
Jim seems like you got pointed in the right direction. Welcome to the site.

On another note if you have questions post a new thread topic. Try not to tag onto an existing thread. Some people will not read a thread that has been kicked around before, especially one that is so old.

Welcome again

·
Premium Member
17,134 Posts
Before we launch into details, are you just wanting to change the fluid or are you having a problem ???

·
Administrator
26,225 Posts
Good point Ron. If it's just a drain and flush/refill it should be no worries, just have to make sure no air locks get in the system.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts