Honda Goldwing Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
New to the forum but hoping for a little share of knowledge. 1993 1500 SE leaking coolant. Nothing from the weep hole but a puddle on the right topside of the block. Nothing bleeding down hoses. Coolant traveling along belt cover and dripping a very small amount when parked. Looking with a flashlight you can see the puddle inboard of the plugs resting on the block. Any help?

·
Super Moderator
12,270 Posts
Check the connections on all the hoses. There have been members that had the sealing tape crack and cause the leak you are describing.

·
Premium Member
16,737 Posts
Like Cantankerous said Honda put a tape on the large tubes on the radiators and water pump, after years it dries and cracks and coolant can leak the, also heard of the over flow tube drying and cracking. A few years ago, mine developed a leak in the thermostat gasket, on that I had to replace the whole thermostat housing.
I chased one for a couple of year, never did find it I'm not recommend this but in frustration, I siphoned about a pint of coolant from the system and mixed in a half oz.
of Bars Leak real well put it back in the system and went for a long ride. Haven't had a leak since. If you do this use only a very little amount of Bars Leak, those tubes in the radiator are pretty small. Again I did this as a last resort.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
Hi Cap10Paul,

Did you find out if this was the tape mentioned above or the coolant tube O-rings I mentioned in another thread? Don't care who was right, just that you found the problem.

·
Premium Member
7,982 Posts
"Am I allowed to upload photos?"

Paul, you are REQUIRED to upload photos!:p:D

Once they're on your computer you can click "Gallery" above and then click "Upload Photos" in the upper right of the page, then use the Browse button(s) to upload photo(s) from your 'puter. Any trouble, give us a shout; the Mods are plenty helpful here, just don't tell them I said so.:rolleyes:

The tape was mentioned in earlier postings on this thread (above.)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.